Episode 14 - The Rotters
Teleplay by Dave Freeman
Directed by Robert Fuest
Continuity & Trivia
- 2:46 - This week, Mother's office is entirely made of plstic and all of the furniture is inflatable.
- 7:32 (7:45) - Surely destroying the desk with the wood rotting device would also destroy all the paper inside it, including the photographs.
- 8:40 - That's nice intercutting of Cyd Child & Linda Thorson in the fights scene.
- 13:38 - The music is from The Hidden Tiger.
- 16:14 (16:44) - The church bell has no clapper, why on earth did they film a shot straight into it?
- 17:38 - That external shot of George and Kenneth coming through the gate doesn't look like an evening shot...
- 19:16 (20:06) - It's a clear redub of Steed saying, "That's Pendred and Pym gone, who are the others?"
- 27:33 - The chain disappears as well as the wooden gate but it's there at 27:42 for Tara to pick up.
- 28:49 - The music is the march from The Hidden Tiger.
- 32:10 - The stuntman is not much like Macnee, and the other two are suddenly wearing their caps.
- 33:39 - Same location as the woods in Super Secret Cypher Snatch, maybe the same as They Keep Killing Steed as well.
- 38:18 (39:13) - Mother says Sawbow was shot point blank, but he wasn't! Sandford was good 20' away at least.
- 45:33 - There's colour-shift in the back-projection driving scene.
- 46:50 - Wainwright says he's going to ransom the world for £1,000,000,000 and Tara quips, "You don't really belive all this rot do you?"
- 49:00 - The omlette recipe recipe (Steed comments in parentheses):
Plain flour, 2lb. (hand milled on stone),
4 dozen eggs (all laid by pedigree hens within the last 3 hours),
salt (from the coast of Brittany, coarse ground),
seven rare and exotic herbs,
sugar (wild cane),
and pimentos. (Whisky - that's for me!)
Mix together for ten minutes and add the master chef's touch, then ten minutes after that you have Steed's crusted omlette of mushroom.
"Oh, mushroom!" Tara exclaims, and she rushes in and picks up an enormous mushroom.
- Running time: 50'15"
Who's Killing Whom?
Jackson dies according to the synopsis, there's no other evidence to suggest his death on screen.
click a name to see the face
- brown three piece suit (felt collar, single vent), dark brown tie and bowler, off white shirt, black umbrella, taupe socks and brown suede shoes.
- grey three piece suit, off white shirt, blue tie, grey bowler and umbrella
- brown three piece suit (felt collar), yellow shirt, brown bowler, brown paisley tie, grey socks and brown suede Chelsea boots
- charcoal three piece suit with gin shirt and purple tie
- burnt orange longsleeved t-shirt, green and brown neckscarf, light grey trousers, grey shoes