The Avengers : the video game

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

The Avengers : the video game

Post by JohnSteedFr »

We talked about it on the former forum but I don't remember the end of the subject, there were so messages.

My opinion : I would be very interested to buy it, young guys would discover the show. It would be good !
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Strange Young Man
Little Wonder

Post by Strange Young Man »

The Avengers doesn't seem to lend itself naturally to the medium of video games. Frankly, I'd love someone to give it a go, but I can't for the life of my think of what the goal of the game would be or how you would play it.

In the mean time there is The Avengers Pinball, which was released a while back.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

I can think of several scenarios for an Avenger's game, but not being a gamer myself I can't even begin to think of how the game play could be done.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

The story would be about Brodny's death !
I have good ideas for stories.
There would be links with cybernauts naturally and famous stories as The Joker, Epic...
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

I think The Avengers would make a great PC game and also a console game too. It may even attract new fans to the show and if the sales are good enough, maybe there could be more games to follow.
Allen
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

I never play PC games, but if they'd make an Avengers PC game, I'd buy it :D
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I think the format could work very well if you did a decent adventure/mystery game (Avengers and First-Person Shooter would not be a good mix). The assignment could be an unsolved case that keeps popping up throughout the series' lifetime. So it'd start in the Keel era with you controlling Keel, and Steed could be AI and sometimes follow his own line of inquiry, and other times could join you to help solve puzzles and fight. You'd progress through all the seasons, taking control of Cathy/Emma/Tara/Purdey/Gambit, until the final level, when you'd finally get to control Steed and beat the diabolical mastermind. I'd play it!
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Surely the obvious Avengers video game would be based on The New Avengers episode Target or perhaps The Avengers episode Dead Man's Treasure?

Could be fun, although my game playing competence is in minus figures!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
The Gaslight Ghoul
Winged Avenger

Post by The Gaslight Ghoul »

That's exactly what I thought as well Alan.

Target would make an excellent computer game, obviously it would need some fleshing out but the Target range scenario would be brilliant.
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
TheOperative
White Dwarf

Post by TheOperative »

Did anyone ever play this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_One_Lives_Forever

It was a fabulous game, had excellent reviews, but sadly it didn't sell as well as expected, because according to market research done by the game designers:
'Many felt the sixties thing had been done to death with Austin Powers and as most gamers are male they didn't want to play a female protagonist.'

I should imagine that sadly the same could be said for an Avengers game, although I would be the first on the waiting list to buy it if it were announced.

If you haven't played No one lives forever, give it a go. You can pick it up for pennies these days.