What is the best colour episode, of the 67.season.

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

cyberrich wrote:Escape in time, closely followed by Murdersville and hidden tiger.
hmmmm, murdersville and then HIDDEN TIGER !!!

heck..lots of good choices, in the colour era..
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

The Correct Way To Kill is the only one I can watch over and over. It's funny and joyful and Diana Rigg is close to her Season 4 monochrome glory and wit.
Last watched: "Concerto"
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Frankymole wrote:The Correct Way To Kill is the only one I can watch over and over. It's funny and joyful and Diana Rigg is close to her Season 4 monochrome glory and wit.
That's because it's a Season 3 Cathy Gale monochrome in disguise! 8)
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Sam wrote:
Frankymole wrote:The Correct Way To Kill is the only one I can watch over and over. It's funny and joyful and Diana Rigg is close to her Season 4 monochrome glory and wit.
That's because it's a Season 3 Cathy Gale monochrome in disguise! 8)
Like 2 or 3 other episodes.... but to honest, I much prefer the Emma one in this case. Strange, 'cos the other 2 or 3 remakes are inferior, IMO!
Last watched: "Concerto"
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

'Murdersville', probably. Though 'A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Station' and 'Dead Man's Treasure' are close runners up.
stevec
Nutshell

Something Nasty in the Nursery

Post by stevec »

This is my favorite.
I like the surreal Nursery scenes. The brightly colored Baby Bouncer's are memorable even today. Good ole Nanny Roberts.
This was my first episode of the Avengers that I saw.
Just like other episodes, take a British institution, add a touch of bizzare, sprinkle in some off-bit humor and you have the Avengers.
I think ONLY the Avengers could have pulled off a script like this, having grown men toddle around like babies, dreaming of their nanny, telling secrets and with a smile on their faces, and yet at the same time being so bizzare.

Who's playing ball this time...?
Steve C
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Yes, a quintisentially Avengers episode which manages to meld chilling, disturbing images of childhood with hilariously silly scenes.
stevec
Nutshell

The Hidden Tiger

Post by stevec »

My next would be "The Hidden Tiger" - Gabrielle Drake
She is also a favorite in UFO. WOW
Steve C
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

The Positive Negative Man without question. Great villian, Michael Latimer is superb, great story, some excellent moments, Top Hush, broad cast power, the Bentley crashing into the pond, the summery feel, Emma in that orange catsuit ................ :wink:
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Avengerholic wrote:The Positive Negative Man without question. Great villian, Michael Latimer is superb, great story, some excellent moments, Top Hush, broad cast power, the Bentley crashing into the pond, the summery feel, Emma in that orange catsuit ................ :wink:
Great to see someone voting for Positive negative man. Very underrated IMHO. Sadly this is very low down on the season 5 poll whose results I'll be posting soon. Avengerholic, do you want to send in your top 10 list for season 5 and try and rescue it! (Thread is called season 5-your top 10). Rich.