What was Emma peel's best outfit.

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Polymath
Nutshell

Post by Polymath »

I have three favourites.

The black top/white trouser outfit from 'The Hour that Never Was'

The teal coat/black pants from 'Escape In Time'

The black Emma Peeler with the holes cut out at the hips from 'The Fear Merchants'

Of course, my favorite accessory has to be those black and white gloves she wears on many occasions.

And, the episode with her overall best outfits throughout the whole episode is Quick Quick Slow Death.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Emma had an awesome wardrobe--I liked pretty much everything she wore. But the pink coat and minidress from The Hidden Tiger/Return of the Cybernauts always stands out for me. And I like the tartan suit in Castle De'Ath. Plus, am I the only one who actually liked Emma's early Cathy Gale look, all the wonderful skirt-suit sets with the slingbacks and the gloves and handbags? And her hair is so wonderfully fluffy. I think I partly associate them with a really young, fresh Diana, before season 2 syndrome kicked in and she started to get tired and lose weight. She's just lovely in them. Great, classic clothes. I know they moved the character away from them, but I think they worked into Emma's progression nicely--I always imagine her as starting out as a Knight Industries businesswoman, and getting more and more action-oriented as she spends more time with Steed.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Emma had an awesome wardrobe--I liked pretty much everything she wore. But the pink coat and minidress from The Hidden Tiger/Return of the Cybernauts always stands out for me. And I like the tartan suit in Castle De'Ath. Plus, am I the only one who actually liked Emma's early Cathy Gale look, all the wonderful skirt-suit sets with the slingbacks and the gloves and handbags? And her hair is so wonderfully fluffy. I think I partly associate them with a really young, fresh Diana, before season 2 syndrome kicked in and she started to get tired and lose weight. She's just lovely in them. Great, classic clothes. I know they moved the character away from them, but I think they worked into Emma's progression nicely--I always imagine her as starting out as a Knight Industries businesswoman, and getting more and more action-oriented as she spends more time with Steed.

No, I liked those clothes too and her hair was fabulous in some of those early episodes but I always preferred her hair wind-swept as in THTNW. I don't think there are any of Emma's outfits I hate - just not fond of those laced-up catsuits - far too fussy!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

DiVicenzo wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Emma had an awesome wardrobe--I liked pretty much everything she wore. But the pink coat and minidress from The Hidden Tiger/Return of the Cybernauts always stands out for me. And I like the tartan suit in Castle De'Ath. Plus, am I the only one who actually liked Emma's early Cathy Gale look, all the wonderful skirt-suit sets with the slingbacks and the gloves and handbags? And her hair is so wonderfully fluffy. I think I partly associate them with a really young, fresh Diana, before season 2 syndrome kicked in and she started to get tired and lose weight. She's just lovely in them. Great, classic clothes. I know they moved the character away from them, but I think they worked into Emma's progression nicely--I always imagine her as starting out as a Knight Industries businesswoman, and getting more and more action-oriented as she spends more time with Steed.

No, I liked those clothes too and her hair was fabulous in some of those early episodes but I always preferred her hair wind-swept as in THTNW. I don't think there are any of Emma's outfits I hate - just not fond of those laced-up catsuits - far too fussy!
Thos outfits always seem to come in for some flack for some reason, so it's nice to know someone else likes them! :wink: I think Emma was consistently the best-dressed character in the series (probably followed closely by Cathy)--other than that weird windshield half-catsuit, there wasn't a single outfit where I think they really missed the mark. I actually like the Emmapeelers better than the leather outfits--ironically, considering they were so iconic and bought the show so much attention, I've always been a bit underwhelmed by them, and I didn't really miss them when they were phased out after season 4. But then, I'm not a guy. :wink:

helenofirvine
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by helenofirvine »

I actually liked the lace-up green emmapeeler. I think it's very becoming and flattering on her!

But I loved them all, except the one with the holes at the thighs. I just thought it was too impractical! Oh and the one with the weird visor-hat that covered her face. That one bothered me too.
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I dig that super-tight PVC outfit she wears in Surfeit of H2O and her Robin Hood costume but then, to quote the baby-eating Bishop of Barton Wells, I am a collossal pervert.

Seriously, I love the catsuits - the silver and black one in "Funny Thing" and the blue and white in "Never Never" are probably my favourites.
Other than that, Bates' "calvary" dress and the reversed-out coat to go with it - his black-and-white set are all fabulous.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

dissolute wrote:I dig that super-tight PVC outfit she wears in Surfeit of H2O and her Robin Hood costume but then, to quote the baby-eating Bishop of Barton Wells, I am a collossal pervert.

Seriously, I love the catsuits - the silver and black one in "Funny Thing" and the blue and white in "Never Never" are probably my favourites.
Other than that, Bates' "calvary" dress and the reversed-out coat to go with it - his black-and-white set are all fabulous.
We have similar tastes.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

dissolute wrote:I dig that super-tight PVC outfit she wears in Surfeit of H2O and her Robin Hood costume but then, to quote the baby-eating Bishop of Barton Wells, I am a collossal pervert.

The black and silver 'peeler is my absolute favourite. And I happen to like the lace-up suits as well--she wears funky silver boots with them, too.

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Another 'thumbs up' for the lace up suits. Emma also looks stunning (and soooo sexy) in the green trouser suit and cowgirl holster from Epic.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
patcp
Nutshell

Post by patcp »

I'm a fan of Emma in black and white especially as Dandy has already pointed out when she's in the black vest and hip-hugger white pants and from Small Game for Big Hunters.

In the colour series as with Timeless A-Peel I can always picture her in my mind in the pink dress she wears in the return of the Cybernauts and the Hidden Tiger- it's stuck in my memory forever more and is the image I can conjure up!