The Avengers Declassified - TheAvengers.TV Website

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Peter Motte
Little Wonder

Post by Peter Motte »

The design is very good, yes.
Anyhow: I always like it when there's a new site about The Avangers

-------
Last watched: Bizarre, with the nowadays sad promisse by Mother: "They'll be back."
Prrr......
-----------
Peter Motte, translator English/French to Dutch
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

From David's website...

As promised... (16 June 2009) ...I said I'd update the site if something truly remarkable happened, and something truly remarkable has happened. Alan (Avengers on the Radio) Hayes has unleashed an extraordinary new website: The Avengers Declassified. This is surely a masterwork, not to mention an astounding surprise, considering Alan had more or less joined me in "Avengers semi-retirement." Who says new things can't come from 40-year-old TV shows?
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

* grin * lovely to hear from David.

His site's no slouch, of course - it's surely a masterpiece in anyone's book!
Last watched: "Concerto"
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

TAF is the ultimate Avengers masterwork in my book. It's certainly an inspiration and a standard to aim for and hope to one day get near with a new site.

Naturally, I'm greatly flattered by David's generous words, but it's a bit early to call Declassified a masterwork. I have a heck of long way to go before it's a 100th as useful a site as his.

TAF does skate over some aspects of the series - such as the stage play and radio series - and that's why I've launched into them in depth right from the start, to make it clear that Declassified's not going to be a clone of TAF.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Great site, Alan, I was just starting to research original broadcast times but it's near to impossible from the Antipodes - I might just focus on original Australian broadcast dates.

I note fron TV Room's ITV listings that ITA Channel, Borders, TWW & Grampian showed an episode of The Avengers at 7:25pm on 19 May 1968 while the other stations were showing The Saint or Wild Wild West. I'm guessing it was a rerun of an Emma Peel because it doesn't seem to fit in with the Tara King broadcasts - maddening that the listing don't specify which episode!
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Hi Piers,

Glad you like the site. It'll be a long time before it's as great as your site, too, let alone David's! :D

As for the regional information, it's something I've worked on for several years, with a sudden flurry of activity recently when Simon Coward kindly came on board with it and made my initial work look miniscule by comparison. Andrew Pixley has also kindly added to the information recently, too.

Please feel free to use any of the information that might be useful to you at Mrs. Peel, We're Needed, not least because I've been using your excellent site and David's (along with a dozen other sources, online and in print) to check that what I'm publishing is accurate!

Thanks!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

The site has been updated this evening:

http://declassified.theavengers.tv/whats_new.htm
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Wiebke
Nutshell

Post by Wiebke »

Hi Alan,

I've only taken a quick look at your new site so far but am really impressed already. Fantastic job!
I look forward to exploring your site further!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Alan wrote:The site has been updated this evening:

http://declassified.theavengers.tv/whats_new.htm
Marvellous episode pages, and you're totally right about TNA being underrated - but "The Midas Touch" better than "Target!"? Never, I say!
Last watched: "Concerto"
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Wiebke wrote:Hi Alan,

I've only taken a quick look at your new site so far but am really impressed already. Fantastic job!
I look forward to exploring your site further!
Very pleased you like it so far, Wiebke. Nice to meet you and Bea at the Kaleidoscope event in the Midlands back in March!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger