The Official 2010 Avengers Calendar

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
jaz
Winged Avenger

The Official 2010 Avengers Calendar

Post by jaz »

Many people have said they'd like the facts/trivia updated. As I'm about to start work on the 2010 calendar, perhaps any contributions might be posted here asap.

Many thanks

Jaz
Madelow
Nutshell

Post by Madelow »

Hello Jaz, I would love a 2010 Avengers calendar. Who are your U.S. distributors? Best always, Madelow.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

The calendar will be available on Play.com, and I believe on Amazon as well. Oh and plenty will always pop up on Ebay :wink:

And I don't know if I'm allowed to make suggestions, but how about Cathy Gale on the cover :D
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: The Official 2010 Avengers Calendar

Post by mousemeat »

jaz wrote:Many people have said they'd like the facts/trivia updated. As I'm about to start work on the 2010 calendar, perhaps any contributions might be posted here asap.

Many thanks

Jaz
when will it be available ??
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I believe this wasn't on the calendar in previous years:

"Warlock" was originally intended to introduce Cathy Gale, but after initial production on 7 July 1962, the producers decided to re-record the bulk of the scenes between Steed and Cathy sometime during December 1962 and January 1963, according to television historian and author Andrew Pixley (but when exactly this took place is not yet known). Still, the dialog tends to create the feeling that this was Steed and Cathy's first meeting.

This is from the Avengers Forever website.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Allard wrote:I believe this wasn't on the calendar in previous years:

"Warlock" was originally intended to introduce Cathy Gale, but after initial production on 7 July 1962, the producers decided to re-record the bulk of the scenes between Steed and Cathy sometime during December 1962 and January 1963, according to television historian and author Andrew Pixley (but when exactly this took place is not yet known). Still, the dialog tends to create the feeling that this was Steed and Cathy's first meeting.

This is from the Avengers Forever website.
You can see where they edited the new scenes in with the originals. Editing wasn't as smooth back in those days as it is now. Also, a couple of times in that bit, Cathy refers to him as "Mister Steed". A formality she would've used in their first meeting.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

Honor's hair changes during their first scene together. The set design for the museum is fairly close in both versions but you can see the differences.
Bill Thinnes
Nutshell

Post by Bill Thinnes »

I vote for Emma on the cover. And in all the interior shots. And... oh, you get the idea.
murph127
Nutshell

2010 CALENDAR

Post by murph127 »

What about emma peel, as the queen of sin, on the cover!
Emma peel is the greatest
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Unless I'm mistaken I think Jaz is asking for trivia suggestions.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY