The Positive - Negative Man

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Miska_cz
Little Wonder

The Positive - Negative Man

Post by Miska_cz »

So, I have littel bit time to watch. So by this ep. I think this are my favourite scenes

1) The key scene with secretary. Espacially, when Emma tell Steed. "don´t forget to return the key." I think, that Emma know what Steed is like to flirting with women, but she know, that his heart belong to her :oops:

2) After Steed is knock out from the car and Emma cames around. "I´m traveling light."

3) Than with the sceraty in archiv. "No cleaning stuff with red cards"

4) When Steed tell the story about his accident to Emma

5) Fall to strangers

6) When Steed find Emma and says that he recognize her eyes anywhere

7) Tag of course

So if you don´t mind you can share your favourite scenes from this ep.
Miska_Cz :o)
Steed's brolly
Nutshell

Post by Steed's brolly »

I like the general atmosphere in a lot of this epsiode - the scenes around that building, with the overgrown plants and the barbed wire fence, and a lot of coming and going with Mrs. Peel and Steed makes it very enjoyable.

As for the best quote, I like the one that Emma made about the 'positive negative man' - because Haworth ( played well by Michael Latimer ) was getting a bit excited by his 'powers', and bragging about his potential - yet, Mrs. Peel cut him down to size with her comment about his 'pectoralis majoris' !
And it's more to Latimer's credit that he was willing to expose his torso, and get it mocked by one of the most attractive screen actresses of the day !
waldotyson
Thingumajig

Post by waldotyson »

My favourite scene in this episode? The one where Emma gets tied up, of course! :twisted:
"Welcome my lord. Allow me."
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

The fishing scene with doubt the best moment of the episode.

Caught a salmon in Bond street once, threw it back off course. Would have highly unsporting if I didn't!
Miska_cz
Little Wonder

Post by Miska_cz »

waldotyson wrote:My favourite scene in this episode? The one where Emma gets tied up, of course! :twisted:
Yes very good indeed.
Steed: "Mrs. Peel, I would recognize this eyes anytime." :oops:
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Steed's brolly wrote:I like the general atmosphere in a lot of this epsiode - the scenes around that building, with the overgrown plants and the barbed wire fence, and a lot of coming and going with Mrs. Peel and Steed makes it very enjoyable.

As for the best quote, I like the one that Emma made about the 'positive negative man' - because Haworth ( played well by Michael Latimer ) was getting a bit excited by his 'powers', and bragging about his potential - yet, Mrs. Peel cut him down to size with her comment about his 'pectoralis majoris' !
And it's more to Latimer's credit that he was willing to expose his torso, and get it mocked by one of the most attractive screen actresses of the day !
some pretty good views here..
positivenegativeman
White Dwarf

Post by positivenegativeman »

This is one of my favourite episodes, it was one of the first episodes I saw as an adult, in the mid to late '70s there was no home video yet so I hadn't seen the series since the Tara Kings were last shown in the early '70s. The only aid to memory of the series was the TV Times Souvineer magazine which came out when The New Avengers started, so the only way to see The Avengers were the three Derann Super 8 releases of which this was one (the other two, Return of the Cybernauts and The Living Dead are also favourites for the same reason). Of course when Channel 4 started and the full run of (admittedly cut) Avengers was shown I was able to record them all and watch again (and again) but these three always remain my favourites as it was so good to see (and hear) the title's and see Mrs Peel again.
Miska_cz
Little Wonder

Post by Miska_cz »

I think this ep. is really good and one could see, that Patrik and Diana real enjoy work together 8)
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

Call me weird if you must but my fav scenes are the ones where you hear the metallic noise when something's being zapped by the Positive -Negative man. Haha! The other is of Steed telling Mrs. Peel about his Bentley mishap(crashing into pool of water). Love the way Macnee uses his hand gestures/facial expressions to describe it!