Does Diana Rigg sign Avengers photographs?

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Rodney wrote:There are lots of actors who are uncomfortable in these 'forced' situations. My father worked with John Thaw more than with any other actor - The Avengers, Sweeney, Mitch, Betty Buchus and many others - but Thaw was always embarassed by fan requests, he wanted to film and go home. I think lots of actors are like that.
Yes, a "jobbing actor". John Thaw never milked or even asked for his fame - I imagine he wanted his character parts to speak for themselves; these character actors do not want to be "celebrities". Often they enjoy playing another persona as their own is private! It's far from the "film star" mentality and some people can't understand that.

Whenever I've seen a famous actor having a quiet cup of tea on the next table, I let them get on with it. After all, I don't want my "customers" accosting me in my time off, so why should they?

Whilst Honor Blackman and Patrick Macnee don't mind being associated with the Avengers (or Bond films), it has to be remembered that Diana Rigg only worked on the show for a couple of years really. That's a small job even in television terms - it's just that it came in such a significant series at such a significant time (for us the audience).

I wonder if Rachael Stirling will still be asked to sign "Tipping the Velvet" photographs in 40 years' time?
Last watched: "Concerto"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I wonder if Diana Rigg regrets taking part in the show now. I've no doubt she had the looks and talent to make it with or without the show.

She wouldn't have done Bond without The Avengers or The Assassination Bureau but I'm not sure how the majority of her stage roles owe anything to her Avengers success.

It will be interesting to see how Rachael Stirling's career developes without having the type of hit her mother had.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

I haven't seen this photo before - she looks like she's enjoying herself even though she says she hated signing autographs back then....but I have noticed that she always gives children a lot of time at the Stage Door...

Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

DiVicenzo wrote:I haven't seen this photo before - she looks like she's enjoying herself even though she says she hated signing autographs back then....but I have noticed that she always gives children a lot of time at the Stage Door...

Oh, Barry, that's an amazing picture! Diana's smile is just lovely. Thank you for sharing. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
child of nature
Nutshell

Post by child of nature »

That's a wonderful picture! Thank you for posting it. :)
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Any idea what year? I'm guessing 1969.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Philippa

Post by Philippa »

Oh wow that's a really sweet picture :D
DiVicenzo

Post by DiVicenzo »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Any idea what year? I'm guessing 1969.
Yes, looking at the hair length it's after 'The Avengers' and into 'Abelard & Heloise'/ 'The Hospital' era....
helenofirvine
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by helenofirvine »

DiVicenzo wrote:I haven't seen this photo before - she looks like she's enjoying herself even though she says she hated signing autographs back then....but I have noticed that she always gives children a lot of time at the Stage Door...

So neat Barry! She looks genuinely happy.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

[quote="Dandy Forsdyke"]Any idea what year? I'm guessing 1969.[/quote

looks like 1966 or 1967.....surely someone in the forum knows, or can give a proper time line...it's a great photo..wonderful smile !!