AE DVDs sales at deep discount DVD

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

frank
Winged Avenger

AE DVDs sales at deep discount DVD

Post by frank »

Deep Discount DVD is having a sale on all AE DVDs-60% off. This includes Danger Mouse, Tomorrow Poeple, the prisoner, the Complete Champions, the Complete Avengers, the Complete Sapphire & Steel and more

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewcategor ... t=#listtop
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: AE DVDs sales at deep discount DVD

Post by mousemeat »

frank wrote:Deep Discount DVD is having a sale on all AE DVDs-60% off. This includes Danger Mouse, Tomorrow Poeple, the prisoner, the Complete Champions, the Complete Avengers, the Complete Sapphire & Steel and more

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewcategor ... t=#listtop
this might be worth scoping it out...looks like many titles are going outta print...
ikbtops
Little Wonder

Post by ikbtops »

I hope this means we're close to a Blu Ray release of the 67 series, at least. I know The Prisoner will be out on Oct. 27th.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

ikbtops wrote:I hope this means we're close to a Blu Ray release of the 67 series, at least. I know The Prisoner will be out on Oct. 27th.
sure hope the studio canal, or whoever is handling the source material, does a better job in tweaking the original source masters, clean 'em up, fix glitches, etc...if not, what's the point of putting 'em out on Blu-Ray ?

it'll just expose the source limitations even more...
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

When the show was still on television (it stopped last month), the quality was good, that's what the mods said on the French forum.

The quality will be improved, re-worked... :wink: They're not going to let them somewhere...
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Network DVD have the complete Sapphire & Steel for £24.99 from £58.72 with extras inc. interviews with Joanna Lumley, David McCallum and PJ Hammond. You can see a clip of Joanna talking about the "excellent" S&S here

http://www.networkdvd.net/product_info. ... cts_id=500
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

mousemeat wrote:
ikbtops wrote:I hope this means we're close to a Blu Ray release of the 67 series, at least. I know The Prisoner will be out on Oct. 27th.
sure hope the studio canal, or whoever is handling the source material, does a better job in tweaking the original source masters, clean 'em up, fix glitches, etc...if not, what's the point of putting 'em out on Blu-Ray ?

it'll just expose the source limitations even more...
Do you actually read this forum? :wink:

The whole series has been/is being restored, including the filmed episodes. When The Avengers comes out on Blu-ray, rest assured it will be restored and markedly superior to the prints currently available.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger