Avengers on DVD

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

My Mother was pregnant with my Brother during that summer and my parents went on holiday to Cornwall and the car overheated.

There's a few New Avengers episodes where it looks sweltering - probably Cat Amongst the Pigeons shows it off most.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Darren wrote:My Mother was pregnant with my Brother during that summer and my parents went on holiday to Cornwall and the car overheated.

There's a few New Avengers episodes where it looks sweltering - probably Cat Amongst the Pigeons shows it off most.
When I first watched that episode I couldn't figure out why Gambit's face was so red. Purdey gets off easy in lots of nice airy dresses and open-toed shoes. Gambit gets to swelter in his suit. Someone needed to buy an air conditioner. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
The Gaslight Ghoul
Winged Avenger

Post by The Gaslight Ghoul »

Yep i remember that summer, was at secondary school and we kept being sent home early because of the heat, which i was delighted with as I absolutely hated school.
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

The Summer of '76 was very memorable. "Phew What A Scorcher!" Sun newspaper headlines!

Lots of vists to the local newsagents for Lions Maid Ice Creams and Corona Pop!
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
ikbtops
Little Wonder

Post by ikbtops »

Yep! Faces and Target are fun episodes. It's interesting how the opening credits seem to evolve from show to show. It was definitely fun to see the Avengers proving ground in Target. So far I like them all equally. they seem to get a little more scooby-doo esque as the series progresses, which I like.
They also write Gambit as a desperate horny guy as the episodes move on -which is very entertaining. Lots of great country estates in these episodes! My only complaint: Steed has got to either change wall paper shade or sofa color. Needless to say I'll be getting the '77 season. Check out the colonel's uniform in Three Handed Game.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

ikbtops wrote:My only complaint: Steed has got to either change wall paper shade or sofa color. Needless to say I'll be getting the '77 season. Check out the colonel's uniform in Three Handed Game.
By 1977 Steed changes his entire house!
Last watched: "Concerto"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

ikbtops wrote:Yep! Faces and Target are fun episodes. It's interesting how the opening credits seem to evolve from show to show. It was definitely fun to see the Avengers proving ground in Target. So far I like them all equally. they seem to get a little more scooby-doo esque as the series progresses, which I like.
They also write Gambit as a desperate horny guy as the episodes move on -which is very entertaining. Lots of great country estates in these episodes! My only complaint: Steed has got to either change wall paper shade or sofa color. Needless to say I'll be getting the '77 season. Check out the colonel's uniform in Three Handed Game.
aww, he wasn't all that horny....

i actually liked Gambit...and the show, wasn't that bad...compared to the previous..version...and what was on, during that time frame...
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I'm sad now. After all these years, I've finally seen my last "new" episode, there's nothing left to see for the first time.

It was "Girl on the Trapeze" and I thought it was great! The suave Edwin Richfield and that fella who played ZZ Von Schnerk at their villainous best, and Ian Hendry allowed to shine as the honest and earnest male lead without that creepy Steed fellow to overshadow him.
Last watched: "Concerto"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:I'm sad now. After all these years, I've finally seen my last "new" episode, there's nothing left to see for the first time.

It was "Girl on the Trapeze" and I thought it was great! The suave Edwin Richfield and that fella who played ZZ Von Schnerk at their villainous best, and Ian Hendry allowed to shine as the honest and earnest male lead without that creepy Steed fellow to overshadow him.
Oh, I didn't know you'd never watched Trapeze! Well, happy last episode, Franky. One of my favourite bits was Carol Wilson getting some Avengers girl action with a couple of mini-fights. The woman knows how to wield a needle. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Frankymole wrote:I'm sad now. After all these years, I've finally seen my last "new" episode, there's nothing left to see for the first time.

You never know... Other Hendry episodes could turn up one day. "Girl" was once upon a time thought to be lost forever!