Does anyone think Bones the tv series is like The Avengers?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
stevel
White Dwarf

Re: Does anyone think Bones the tv series is like The Avenge

Post by stevel »

lotsofbrolly wrote:Hello there,

As an fan of The Avengers, especially Steed and Mrs Peel, since I was 7, (late nineties when they repeated them on Channel 4 here in the UK).

Since I have watched Bones, the American show with David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel, I can't help but see the similarities between them and Steed and Mrs Peel.

Does anyone else get that vibe too?

Lotsofbrolly

Anne xxx
Actually, I just said that a day or two ago - I discovered the B/W Emma episodes online (VEOH), and have ben watching them all over the last week. Then I watched a TiVo'd Bones and said to my wife - you know why I like this show - it's a lot like the Avengers - well written, witty, quirky (not quite as quirky but it has its moments).

I've been watching Bones since the beginning and its one of the few shows I've watched that long and still enjoy.

Cheers,
Steve
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I've been watching Bones since the beginning. The first couple of seasons were superb, but am I the only one in thinking the latest season is quickly running out of ideas? Rich.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

The problem is that the actors in "Bones" are Americans, so any comparison with The Avengers is really a stretch. American actors don't have that certain something that British actors have. Call it finese, style, charm; however described, they are qualities mostly lacking in American actors. "Moonlighting" also was compared to The Avengers, but I didn't get that, either. As four-time guest star Peter Bowles stated about The Avengers, "There's nothing like it".
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

There's been nothing like it on British TV either, not since 1976... whether with Brit actors or no!
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Frankymole wrote:There's been nothing like it on British TV either, not since 1976... whether with Brit actors or no!
Are you omiting the 1977 season of The New Avengers? :wink:
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Frankymole wrote:There's been nothing like it on British TV either, not since 1976... whether with Brit actors or no!
Are you omiting the 1977 season of The New Avengers? :wink:
At least the French and Canadian episodes ;) Good point though, I shoulda said 1976-77...
Last watched: "The Charmers"