Traditional Avengers Christmas

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Traditional Avengers Christmas

Post by darren »

Well, here comes another Christmas.

I'm sure that many of us have a few things that we at this time of year without fail and very much look forward to doing them.

What do you do every Christmas/New Year that has an Avengers connection.

For me it has to be an annual viewing of "The Golden Eggs". Probably quite a strange choice but I first watched this episode just prior to Christmas. It was a cold morning, I snuggled up on the sofa with a big mug of tea and watched this new episode as part of the video boxset I'd bought (I think it was the Contender Movie Boxset). I was looking forward to it anyway as it was directed by Peter Hammond but I didn't expect it to feel so right for the time of year. I love the bleak wintery feel that the episode has, the snow is wonderful (on location and in the studio). Consequently ever since, every year I make sure i watch it just before Christmas and enjoy the atmosphere all over again.

Then come New Years eve, if I don't go out, I always make sure I watch Dressed to Kill since they celebrate new year.
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

I never fail, every Christmas ever since I bought the Peel DVDs to watch Too Many Christmas Trees. First, I yell out to my family to keep quiet then I retire to my bedroom with a cup of cocoa and pop in that DVD! I love traditions! :D
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

I watch TOO MANY CHRISTMAS TREES every second year, and I skipped last year as I had the flu, so I'm really looking forward to it this year. On the other years I watch a different Peel monochrome.

And maybe this year I'm also going to watch (around Christmas) TAKE OVER and DRESSED TO KILL, have seen 'em both before, but a few years ago already.

And maybe a Midsomer Murders or a nice film. But on the whole, not too much TV, also spend a little time with family.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

I do pop in "Too Many Christmas Trees" sometime before the big day and watch it. When my sister and family used to live with me, my niece would watch it with me sometimes. Even though I have the regular DVD set for that season, I always watch "The Best of..." disc so I get Patrick's introduction. When he says "It's Christmas!", that makes it "official" for me. 8)
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Not strictly Avengers material, but Joanna Lumleys Land of Northern Lights documentary is a nice thing to watch over Christmas.
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

Allard wrote:Not strictly Avengers material, but Joanna Lumleys Land of Northern Lights documentary is a nice thing to watch over Christmas.
Great idea! I think I might watch that as well :D