An Aussie's Avengers Audiovisual Assimilation Action

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Charlie Parker
Little Wonder

Post by Charlie Parker »

I with Franky on this one. I found Rollason's performance to have a very warm mawkish charm about him. I've done a little review of Mission to Montreal elsewhere on the forum where you can read my own thoughts on the episode
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote: Carla has no French accent, so one can only assume she's from the Anglo half of the city. I have to agree about Patricia English's performance--she's brilliant in it. I think this may be one of the best guest star performances in the series.
I emailed her a few years back, inspired by this episode. I don't normally "fan mail" anyone. She was really sweet about it, and remembered the episode with affection.
Charlie Parker wrote:I with Franky on this one. I found Rollason's performance to have a very warm mawkish charm about him. I've done a little review of Mission to Montreal elsewhere on the forum where you can read my own thoughts on the episode
Well said!

My review is at: http://www.theavengers.tv/forever/gale1-5vr.htm#3
"Chinoiserie"? :D
Last watched: "Concerto"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: Carla has no French accent, so one can only assume she's from the Anglo half of the city. I have to agree about Patricia English's performance--she's brilliant in it. I think this may be one of the best guest star performances in the series.
I emailed her a few years back, inspired by this episode. I don't normally "fan mail" anyone. She was really sweet about it, and remembered the episode with affection.
Really? How interesting. What did she say about it?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Really? How interesting. What did she say about it?
I'd love to tell, but sadly it's on my dead PC whose power supply gave up the ghost a while back... Nevertheless I have fond memories of hearing from one of the Avengers alumni! (Now if only I could contact Jon Rollason!)
Last watched: "Concerto"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Really? How interesting. What did she say about it?
I'd love to tell, but sadly it's on my dead PC whose power supply gave up the ghost a while back... Nevertheless I have fond memories of hearing from one of the Avengers alumni! (Now if only I could contact Jon Rollason!)
Too bad. That was kind of her to write you back, though. And if you get ahold of Jon Rollason, let me know! :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I love the pic of Pat and Honor you've done to illustrate your reviews! Very red! 8)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Cheers Dandy! I'll be matching colours with the sets. No images this week as I've been ill and am very busy with work...