Which cast member really belonged in the dustbin?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.

Which Avengers cast member could we have most easily done without?

Mother
30%
Rhonda
21%
Dr. King
18%
One-ten
18%
Venus Smith
12%

Total votes: 33

Peter Motte
Little Wonder

Post by Peter Motte »

Rodney wrote:Despite taking away an important layer of mystery - who employs Steed etc. -
Yeah, that's ture...
It was a bit of a mishap to put Steed in a big organisation when they introduced Tara King.
Instead of a bit of a rude gentleman having a nice time and lots of influence, he changed into some kind of top soldier.
Prrr......
-----------
Peter Motte, translator English/French to Dutch
Peter Motte
Little Wonder

Post by Peter Motte »

mousemeat wrote: all were needed somewhat..but if I had to select...

then Venus...
My idea too. I didn't like the singing. It put the brake on the story. No to mention that she was a bit of a scream queen too. Quite the contrary to Cathy Gale.
Prrr......
-----------
Peter Motte, translator English/French to Dutch
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Peter Motte wrote:
Rodney wrote:Despite taking away an important layer of mystery - who employs Steed etc. -
Yeah, that's ture...
It was a bit of a mishap to put Steed in a big organisation when they introduced Tara King.
Instead of a bit of a rude gentleman having a nice time and lots of influence, he changed into some kind of top soldier.
Bah, Steed worked for a big organisation when his bosses One-Ten, One-Twelve, One-Seven (or was it One-Five?), Quilpie and Charles kept showing up. That was way before the Johnny-come-lately Peel years.
Last watched: "Concerto"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Peter Motte wrote:
Yeah, that's ture...
Bah, Steed worked for a big organisation when his bosses One-Ten, One-Twelve, One-Seven (or was it One-Five?), Quilpie and Charles kept showing up. That was way before the Johnny-come-lately Peel years.
This is a point I've raised more times than I can count, but no one ever seems to pick up on it. :?
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I've mentioned it too. We should re-name the fourth and fifth seasons as "The only seasons WITH NO BOSS!"
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

It's not the fact that there were other "superiors," but rather the fact that Mother is so upfront, so over the top, and so frequent. To me, it was just wasted film/tape/plot time. I understand that many folks feel otherwise, but that's my opinion, and it's not likely to change.
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

The show was more outré by the time Mother came along and he reflected that. A more sober One-Ten (or whatever) would have been out of place.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY