The Avengers - Set 1 Replacement discs are ready

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

cybermanz
Thingumajig

Post by cybermanz »

Alan wrote:I don't want to get into an argument over this - I'm not disputing your honesty. It just seemed to me an excessive amount for postage. I really don't know where Optimum stand on reimbursing postage, and I think this is something that should be between you and them in private, and not for public discussion at the forum.
I agree, it's an excessive cost but usual for NZ post and yes it's more a private matter. I can delete previous posts if you like.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I don't think it's necessary to send the DVDs for replacement in their cases, as I understand it some plastic sleeves or even stout cardboard should be fine. After all, the DVDs that are faulty are not going to be reused!
Last watched: "Concerto"
cybermanz
Thingumajig

Post by cybermanz »

Frankymole wrote:I don't think it's necessary to send the DVDs for replacement in their cases, as I understand it some plastic sleeves or even stout cardboard should be fine. After all, the DVDs that are faulty are not going to be reused!
Agreed but I wasn't sure if the replacement dvds were going to be sent in sturdy covers so I put the faulty ones into an empty dvd case per disc as I thought the new dvds might get sent back in them.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

cybermanz wrote: Agreed but I wasn't sure if the replacement dvds were going to be sent in sturdy covers so I put the faulty ones into an empty dvd case per disc as I thought the new dvds might get sent back in them.
Yes, it wasn't entirely clear from the instructions, I'm just going by what I've picked up since, might save some other senders the bother. What you did was sensible!
Last watched: "Concerto"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

I just sent mine back in a standard padded envelope, the replacements were sent back in single slimline cases.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
child of nature
Nutshell

Post by child of nature »

My replacement discs arrived today, and I live in Tennessee. I am very pleased with Optimum's customer service and the very professional way they have handled this situation. These transfers are surely going to be the definitive Avengers DVDs - I am thrilled with both picture and sound quality. I am looking forward to each Avengers Optimum release! Thank you all for your hard work.
Alison
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Mine arrived this morning.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

Macfly77 wrote:
dissolute wrote:My DVD player and my home computer have no problem, it's just laptops with Matsushita DVD-ROM drives - nothing can make them unscramble DVD keys! I've tried firmware and software approaches without success. There's a rumour of a hacked firmware but as it's a work machine I don't want to use it.
you could try VLC player?
I have a Mac with an "unhackable" (so far) Matshita DVD-Rom drive that plays DVD's from any region just fine with it.
Hmmm, I'll give it a go, I only had v. 0.96 which didn't do it, but the latest version might.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

If anyone is concerned about their missing replacements and have been waiting for longer than 28 days, please drop me a PM stating name, address and date discs were sent. Also include tracking number and date received by Optimum if you have those details. Jaz and I will look into this personally and will obviously treat any personal information as confidential.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

Was going to drop an email to Optimum today but they arrived this morning, hoorah!