Interview with Jeremy Lloyd

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Interview with Jeremy Lloyd

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Actor/writer Jeremy Lloyd was 'Bert(ram Fortescue Winthrop) Smith' in From Venus With Love and 'Teddy' in Thingumajig. He was married (briefly) to Joanna Lumley and created and wrote Are You Being Served. He was also in The Avengers stage play.

Here is a very interesting interview.

http://www.retrosellers.com/features159.htm

If you don't want to read the whole thing, The Avengers bit is ...

Digger: What are your memories of working on The Avengers?

Jeremy: Well, interestingly I just saw the first episode 'In Color' two nights ago and they said this was the first time The Avengers had been in colour, so they had obviously gone to some trouble with casting. And I had a marvellous part in it as a chimney sweep, popping down the chimney and doing so much dialogue I don't know how I remembered it all.

Digger: Didn't have cue cards?

Jeremy: No, no cue cards. (Laughs) I thought I was terrific! And as a result of it I got very friendly with Diana Rigg and I used to take her out to dinner occasionally. And then we found ourselves doing a film in Prague, just before the Russians rolled in, so we had to do a quick escape from there. And she was a very good friend to me.

--

There are some great pics of Diana Rigg, Joanna Lumley (not seen that one before) and Fenella Fielding (and my hero Leslie Phillips!). Look and see!
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

That whole interview is a marvellous read!! Thank you for sharing it!
Last watched: "The Charmers"
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:That whole interview is a marvellous read!! Thank you for sharing it!
ditoo here...always enjoyed soaking up new info and more--on the show and it's histories etc