Diana In The July Telegraph

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Philippa wrote:But on the other hand, I think she rejects The Avengers a bit too much. When you compare her to Honor, Joanna or Linda, they are happy to talk about The Avengers amongst other things.
Philippa, I don't think she 'rejects' it as such, and this comment is probably the strongest I've heard from her. She always patiently answers the interviewer, but rarely elaborates.

I often get the impression she endures the Avengers questions in interviews, but inside her eyes are rolling... :roll:
Last edited by Dandy Forsdyke on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

^yeah that's what I meant. I only tried to emphasize that she's the only one of the 4 women who doesn't really like to talk about it at all..
I didn't mean to sound negative, don't get me wrong, I love Diana :D
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Well I think Diana is great actress but she must be a bit snooty or blase because she's absent in every documentary about the Avengers I have seen.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Allard wrote:Well I think Diana is great actress but she must be a bit snooty or blase because she's absent in every documentary about the Avengers I have seen.
I don't think it's being 'snooty' (you may choose to think otherwise). I'd rather her decline to take part by choice than know she'd rather not be there. There were witnesses to the Lumiere Video launch that said she didn't particularly look too happy to be there and left early.

It's a tad unfair to say she's absent in every documentary when they manage to dig up a bit of archive footage of her from somewhere. :)

As I've said before you can't make someone love you and you can't make Diana love The Avengers, which is fair enough.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Allard wrote:Well I think Diana is great actress but she must be a bit snooty or blase because she's absent in every documentary about the Avengers I have seen.
I don't think it's being 'snooty' (you may choose to think otherwise). I'd rather her decline to take part by choice than know she'd rather not be there. There were witnesses to the Lumiere Video launch that said she didn't particularly look too happy to be there and left early.

It's a tad unfair to say she's absent in every documentary when they manage to dig up a bit of archive footage of her from somewhere. :)

As I've said before you can't make someone love you and you can't make Diana love The Avengers, which is fair enough.
I think a lot of it might have to do with how poorly she was treated onset. The show really "took off" during her era (whether you argue it was solely because of her or not), and like many actors of that era, she was a victim to massive exploitation. I don't think I'd feel too kindly toward the show either if I found out I was being paid less than the cameraman while everyone else profited hugely off stuff with my face slapped on it.

I know you could say this about any of the other Avengers girls, but I think Diana came in for some of the worst of it. Joanna and Linda got their starts with the show, so they feel kindly toward it, and Honor left before things got out of hand.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14