New Member: Questions regarding new UK dvd releases

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Richard73
White Dwarf

New Member: Questions regarding new UK dvd releases

Post by Richard73 »

I am new to the forum and so apologise if these questions have been asked before.

I have the Emma Peel and Tara King Definitive Dossiers but want to buy the new Optimum dvd releases. Does anyone know if these episodes will include the ad breaks as the Cathy Gale episodes? Also I see that these maybe released on Blu Ray, has this be confirmed?

Is there much difference in quality between The New Avengers Deinitive Dossiers and the Optimum release from a few years ago? And are there any plans re-issue The New Avengers in the near future?

Thank you.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Re: New Member: Questions regarding new UK dvd releases

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Richard73 wrote:I am new to the forum and so apologise if these questions have been asked before.

I have the Emma Peel and Tara King Definitive Dossiers but want to buy the new Optimum dvd releases. Does anyone know if these episodes will include the ad breaks as the Cathy Gale episodes? Also I see that these maybe released on Blu Ray, has this be confirmed?

Is there much difference in quality between The New Avengers Deinitive Dossiers and the Optimum release from a few years ago? And are there any plans re-issue The New Avengers in the near future?

Thank you.
First off, welcome to the forum, Richard! :D

By ad breaks, I presume you mean the commercial bumpers, which, for the Cathys, consist of an "End of Act 1/Beginning of Act 2" pair of cards at a couple points during the episode? If so, then yes, they're there, at least in season 2 (I don't have the season 3 set yet, so can't comment).

I'm afraid I don't have the TNA Definitive Dossier--just the region one A&E releases, and the Optimum release, so I can't compare quality. I will say that the Optimum release is worth it for the commentaries if you're a rabid TNA fan (which I am :wink: ). As far as I know, there are no plans to do a British rerelease of TNA in the near future, though I believe a German set is in the works. Afraid I don't know the status on the Blu-Rays, though.

Hope that helps! :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

The filmed episodes on the Optimum editions will not include the ad-break bumpers, except as extra features.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger