Joanna Lumley interview in the Telegraph

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Allard
The Ministry

Joanna Lumley interview in the Telegraph

Post by Allard »

When I was on holiday recently I went off to buy a Dutch newspaper to read up on what was happening in the world. But as I could not find any I bought the Daily Telegraph, which featured an interview with Joanna Lumley. I enjoyed it very much and luckily it's available online so I thought I'd share it with you.

Joanna Lumley: 'I sound like a demented horror'
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Joanna Interview

Post by DiVicenzo »

Thanks for that! Great interview. She speaks a lot of truths :)
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

It says in the interview that, with her command of English and being able to paint pictures with words, she should be a novelist. I also think she's make a damn fine politician. Diana Rigg's opinions are also noteworthy.

Jo or Diana for Prime Minister!

Very good and interesting interview - thank you for sharing.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Thanks, Allard. That was a nice interview. Joanna has some interesting views and opinions.
Allen
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:It says in the interview that, with her command of English and being able to paint pictures with words, she should be a novelist. I also think she's make a damn fine politician. Diana Rigg's opinions are also noteworthy.

Anyone who's read her bios knows she can write with the best of them.

But it'd be fun to see her as Prime Minister as well. That'd liven up some of those world conventions, wouldn't it? :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:It says in the interview that, with her command of English and being able to paint pictures with words, she should be a novelist. I also think she's make a damn fine politician. Diana Rigg's opinions are also noteworthy.

Prime Minister in deed! We are going to offer them citizenship and then vote them in as President and Vice President for the U.S.! So there!
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Thanks for posting the interview Allard. At least it gave me something to read since I can't watch the show. :cry:
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
DiVicenzo
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by DiVicenzo »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Anyone who's read her bios knows she can write with the best of them.

But it'd be fun to see her as Prime Minister as well. That'd liven up some of those world conventions, wouldn't it? :wink:
And, her book and tape of the book which she reads 'Forces Sweethearts' is a killer! Makes me sob! All those sad love stories of men at war and their women at home waiting for them.