Who's Who? - Hit or Miss

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Mararaboomdiay
Little Wonder

Post by Mararaboomdiay »

Loved. Sure it has some of the cheesiets Avengers scenes, but I keep coming back to this one. It's it just me, or does anyone else think that the ''for those who have just switched on to the Avengers...'' were a great add?
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I loved this ep so much I wrote a semi-sequel to it. How can body-swapping not be fun?
Did you just mention one of your very own fanfics I haven't read yet? :wink:
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Mararaboomdiay wrote:Loved. Sure it has some of the cheesiets Avengers scenes, but I keep coming back to this one. It's it just me, or does anyone else think that the ''for those who have just switched on to the Avengers...'' were a great add?
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I loved this ep so much I wrote a semi-sequel to it. How can body-swapping not be fun?
Did you just mention one of your very own fanfics I haven't read yet? :wink:
I loved the announcer and his little spiels after the ad breaks--he was one of the best parts! By the end he's all but given up trying to keep straight what's going on, and presumably wanders off to go beat his head against the wall for the next hour. :lol:

Don't tell me you've never read Swapped? I've had it on ff.net for ages--it's a couple of years old. I did horrible things to Purdey and Gambit for my own (and others') amusement. It's strange, but I'm proud of it. Give it a read if you haven't already--it's can be your magical lost Christmas fic.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

Oh yes, Swapped is great! You should definitely read that one Maartje :D
Mararaboomdiay
Little Wonder

Post by Mararaboomdiay »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:By the end he's all but given up trying to keep straight what's going on, and presumably wanders off to go beat his head against the wall for the next hour. :lol:
Haha! It did work for this episode, since the plot has a bit of a funny twist to it.

Speaking of your fanfic, I don't think I've read that story yet actually! I'm reading as we speak. Exciting - a brand new story!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Mararaboomdiay wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:By the end he's all but given up trying to keep straight what's going on, and presumably wanders off to go beat his head against the wall for the next hour. :lol:
Haha! It did work for this episode, since the plot has a bit of a funny twist to it.

Speaking of your fanfic, I don't think I've read that story yet actually! I'm reading as we speak. Exciting - a brand new story!
I wouldn't have used the narrator anywhere else, but for this episode it works wonderfully. I'm for any episode that has your Avengers girl smacking gum and generally acting disreputable. :lol:

Well, I'm glad you've found something you haven't read. If you want to discuss it we can go back to our regular thread on the other forum. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

This is one of those"done-to-death" concepts but Who's Who?? is so particularly funny cause of Freddie Jones who's facial expressions and mannerism crack me up! :lol:
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I'll second that. Freddie Jones and Patricia Haines were cast perferctly.

Very amusing episode - one to show a non-fan (even though it's not representative of the series)
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
malte1982
Nutshell

Post by malte1982 »

One of the worst Episodes in the 5th season
Kitty_Golightly
White Dwarf

Post by Kitty_Golightly »

The idea was great, but it seems that carried away with the idea everybody forgot about the plot, because it's really one of the weakest story of all. Except of changing personalities the whole story is made quite carelessly
But it can be watched just for fun :)
skintp
Nutshell

Post by skintp »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I love this one. It's clear Patrick and Diana really enjoy the opportunity to stretch their legs, Patricia Haines and Freddie Jones do a good job of filling in as Steed and Emma, and the hopelessly confused narrator is a treat. I loved this ep so much I wrote a semi-sequel to it. How can body-swapping not be fun?
You wrote a Semi-sequel??? Do put a taster on site. I wouldn't mind seeing how you did that!!