The New Avengers Mission Kit

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
TangerineSteed
Nutshell

The New Avengers Mission Kit

Post by TangerineSteed »

Does anyone know just how rare this item is or does anybody actually own one?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

There was one on eBay for an extortionate price. Something like £200.

I remember seeing this as a younster and passing it by - just cheap plastic and card. Your choice, but my advice is save your money.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
TangerineSteed
Nutshell

Post by TangerineSteed »

Hmm , yeah I kinda bought it. !!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been after one for 15-20 years and had never even seen a picture of one. I just wanted to know if anyone had more info about one.
Apart from the purdey doll it is the only piece of New Avengers merchandise i don't own - until 2.am last night !!!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Listen, take no notice of me - I'm sure you'll enjoy it. 8)

Is it any wonder I identify myself with Chandler from Friends ...

Oh, there's a foot. I wonder if I can fit it in my mouth!
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
TangerineSteed
Nutshell

Post by TangerineSteed »

No you are right ...

It will be a box of plastic tat as I had the Professionals Mission kit in the early eightie!!, but as it's so rare - to the point I had never seen what it looked like until trawling ebay last night, i just had to !!!!!!!!!

Just off to auction a body part to pay for it !!!!!!!!!!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I think I saw the one you bought. I've been after one for years myself, but I kinda spent my Avengers allowance on Joanna's copy of the Dead Men Are Dangerous script, so I had to refrain. They're very rare, and what you got it for is pretty standard, possibly even a bit cheaper than I usually see them. They don't come up as often as the TNA board game, or even the shooting game (both of which I have). Lucky you! :D

You say you've got all the rest of the TNA merchandise. Predictably, I'm going to ask you what else you have. Just for curiousity's sake (and so I can be envious of you as a fellow TNA collector. :lol: )

And Dandy: Chandler was always my favourite friend. Matthew Perry is part Canadian, you know. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
TangerineSteed
Nutshell

Post by TangerineSteed »

Well...

I have the revell kits , both annuals, TV times Special, Dinky TR7 boardgame, shooting game, all novels (paper back and hard back) the vinyl records, the 2000 corgi cars and a really good code 3 Steed's Jag ( I didn't have 6 grand to buy the real thing!!!!)
And now the Mission Kit
I'm not sure how unusual it is to have all that lot .. probably not
I actually prefer TNA stuff to original series merchandise
Bet there's actually loads I haven't got eh ??? !!
TangerineSteed
Nutshell

Post by TangerineSteed »

And the incredible thing is after spending years looking for the mission kit, i've just discovered I've ended up buying one from someone who lives two miles down the road !!!!!!!!!!!
What are the odds???
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

TangerineSteed wrote:Well...

I have the revell kits , both annuals, TV times Special, Dinky TR7 boardgame, shooting game, all novels (paper back and hard back) the vinyl records, the 2000 corgi cars and a really good code 3 Steed's Jag ( I didn't have 6 grand to buy the real thing!!!!)
And now the Mission Kit
I'm not sure how unusual it is to have all that lot .. probably not
I actually prefer TNA stuff to original series merchandise
Bet there's actually loads I haven't got eh ??? !!
That's a pretty good haul! I have a lot of those, but not all the hardback copies of the novels, the Jag, and, naturally, the Mission Kit. I have the four puzzles, though--they're addictive! :lol:

TNA was pretty heavily merchandised when you consider how long it ran. It had more than its share of rare items, like the Purdey mirror and perfume--and marshmallows. I still wonder if I'll see a desiccated bag of those on ebay one day. :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

TangerineSteed wrote:No you are right ...

It will be a box of plastic tat as I had the Professionals Mission kit in the early eightie!!, but as it's so rare - to the point I had never seen what it looked like until trawling ebay last night, i just had to !!!!!!!!!

Just off to auction a body part to pay for it !!!!!!!!!!

you can't put a price on pleasure.....if you fancy it, great. the cost is secondary..(to a point..LOL)