Barbara Roscoe

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Remember, acting doesn't end with TV and film.
That's the thing I hate about IMDb--there's absolutely no listings for stage productions. You end up with all these holes in people's careers, especially British actors, who spend more time on stage on average than Americans. :?

I wonder if there's a search page, something like IMDB, that would cater to and list say, stage productions, etc...
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
That's the thing I hate about IMDb--there's absolutely no listings for stage productions. You end up with all these holes in people's careers, especially British actors, who spend more time on stage on average than Americans. :?

I wonder if there's a search page, something like IMDB, that would cater to and list say, stage productions, etc...
You'd think someone would have put one together, wouldn't you? Some theatres list all their stage productions and information on their sites, but you sort of need to know what to look for first, which makes finding new stuff difficult.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
buck1107
Nutshell

Post by buck1107 »

Yes, it seems like a theatre search would be a viable feature of a larger site, such as IMDB. Perhaps the film industry feels threatened?

I did find that she was in a movie entitled "School for Scoundrels," which sounds like a good Avengers episode title. :D
Here's a magazine appearance that was on ebay recently (albeit, here she is a brunette).
The description said that this publication is from October 1960:

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I have School For Scoundrels on DVD - a double bill with the very wonderful The Green Man - it does sound like the Avengers episode School For Traitors, you're right.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
..and radio! Many actors spend 90% of their broadcasting career in British radio plays and series. And it has spawned/nurtured some big productions and bigger writers... anyone heard of a chap called Douglas Adams?
Not only have I heard of him...I buy his books...love the guy.
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Cariheart
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Cariheart »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: That's the thing I hate about IMDb--there's absolutely no listings for stage productions. You end up with all these holes in people's careers, especially British actors, who spend more time on stage on average than Americans. :?

You'd think someone would have put one together, wouldn't you? Some theatres list all their stage productions and information on their sites, but you sort of need to know what to look for first, which makes finding new stuff difficult.
This link may help- http://www.theatredb.com/ and there's also http://www.ibdb.com/index.php. The latter is a Broadway data base.
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time
Col Mustard
Nutshell

Post by Col Mustard »

Cariheart wrote:
Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: ... anyone heard of a chap called Douglas Adams?
Not only have I heard of him...I buy his books...love the guy.
I read all his books too! Consider anything, but don't panic!
"What fresh hell is this?" D. Parker
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Col Mustard wrote:
Cariheart wrote:
Frankymole wrote: Not only have I heard of him...I buy his books...love the guy.
I read all his books too! Consider anything, but don't panic!
Yay! More Hitchhiker's fans. :D

Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Cariheart wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
mousemeat wrote:
This link may help- http://www.theatredb.com/ and there's also http://www.ibdb.com/index.php. The latter is a Broadway data base.
Oh, neat! Thanks for the links. :)

dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

There's also this:

http://www.theatredb.com/QPerson.php?pid=p010436

(Avengers stalwart Christopher Benjamin, proving how, uh, sparse the database actually is).

I'm sure there used to be another one that had amazing data - it's where I found the only decent photo of Emma Thompson's father I've ever seen.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.