other odds and ends..

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

other odds and ends..

Post by mousemeat »

has anyone ever come across stuff like shot glasses, regular glasses,
dishes, salt and pepper shakers, mouse pads, etc of the show ?
oneknightsteed
Little Wonder

Re: other odds and ends..

Post by oneknightsteed »

mousemeat wrote:has anyone ever come across stuff like shot glasses, regular glasses,
dishes, salt and pepper shakers, mouse pads, etc of the show ?

I've purchased coasters, magnets and a mouse pad all from ebay.

Sue 8)
believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-buddha
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Where can I get those champagne glasses in the colour Rigg opening? All I can see are flutes shaped ones.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I take it all these are completely unofficial?
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Where can I get those champagne glasses in the colour Rigg opening? All I can see are flutes shaped ones.
They "bowl shaped" Champagne glasses have completely gone out of fashion. The large surface in such glasses means a much faster loss of the bubbles, flutes longer preserve the bubbles.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Where can I buy 1920s style 'coupe' champagne glasses in London?
From http://www.wherecanibuyonline.net/where ... gne-coupe/

Q: I’m looking for a set of those cool 1920s style ‘coupe’ champagne glasses – the ones shaped like a rounded Martini glass (alleged to be modelled on the shape of Marie Antoinette’s bosom.) I know they’re not supposed to keep the fizz as well but who wants to leave the stuff sitting around that long anyway! Either way, if anybody knows a place in London that sells them I’d be eternally grateful as I can’t seem to find them anywhere. Ideally I’m looking for some good quality ones as they’re for a present
Am I in the wrong section here? Come on people, surely somebody knows where I can buy them…

A: you might want to try an auction house

"The champagne coupe or champagne saucer is a shallow, broad-bowled, stemmed glass, commonly used at wedding receptions, often stacked in layers to build a champagne tower. Champagne is continuously poured into the top glass, trickling down to fill every glass below. Legend has it the shape of the glass was modeled on the breast of Marie Antoinette, Joséphine de Beauharnais, Madame de Pompadour, or one of several other French aristocrats, although this is almost certainly false. The glass was designed especially for champagne in England in 1663, preceding those aristocrats by almost a century.

"The coupe was popularized in post-Prohibition America at the Stork Club, where Champagne flowed freely and celebrities had bottles of champagne sent to their tables, compliments of the house. The coupe was the champagne glass of choice through the 1960s.

"The coupe, for many years overshadowed by the flute, has returned to fashion due to its use in the 1960s-based AMC series, Mad Men, known for its cultural authenticity."

http://www.oenophileblog.com/html/flute ... oupe_.html
"Flute, Tulip or Coupe? A nice analysis... seems Steed was a bit of fool with the glasses!
Last watched: "Concerto"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Brilliant. Thanks, Franymole (or should I say 'Cheers!). At least I know what they're called now too. I might have a butchers on eBay. I really want them now.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Brilliant. Thanks, Franymole (or should I say 'Cheers!). At least I know what they're called now too. I might have a butchers on eBay. I really want them now.
good luck in obtaining them...heck-tracking them down, is half the fun of the ' hunt '

I'm interested in learning more about some of the off the wall stuff, produced with the show in mind...i.e. glasses, etc...official and unofficial, of course !

wonder if there is a web site-pertaining to this ?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Allard wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Where can I get those champagne glasses in the colour Rigg opening? All I can see are flutes shaped ones.
They "bowl shaped" Champagne glasses have completely gone out of fashion. The large surface in such glasses means a much faster loss of the bubbles, flutes longer preserve the bubbles.

Yes, but I can't make a 'Champagne fountain' with flutes! :wink:

Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Allard wrote:

Yes, but I can't make a 'Champagne fountain' with flutes! :wink:

Who'd want too, if you make a tower people will expect you to share your bubbly.