Patrick Macnee Update

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Mona wrote:The "Dream On" BS Elliot episode is, I think, one of Pat's all-time best shows. Many folks think of Pat as just a mediocre actor, but it's not true! He is a great actor and it's too bad he didn't get really super good shows to illustrate his talent. Mind you, he is ALWAYS enjoyable, even if he is being eaten by the monster in "Naked Space" (which is a very funny movie and Pat is the best in it). However, he is utterly stupendous in "Dream On." He is also excellent in "Jack's Place", whereby he plays an aged butler looking for a new position as butlering is all he knows; that is very sentimental and sad. Also, he does great in Ray Bradbury's "House of Usher" half hour show, too.

Thank G-d for Ebay, where throughout some years I wound up buying pretty much every single TV show and movie Pat ever starred in. Just had all my old VCR tapes changed into DVDs.

Mona
always thought he had an interesting body of work..both in films and Tv

add stage work, recorded LPS,i.e. mid summer night's dream (1954)

and it wasn't too shabby..

Yeah, Ebay has been a good resource in finding hard-to-find-items.
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

Purrr wrote:Patrick Macnee as Nigel Beechum in 'It's a Jungle Out There', an episode from the television series 'Blacke's Magic'. Sample clip on top of the page.

Blacke's Magic: It's a Jungle Out There
Nice clip. Patrick's acting makes Richard Hatch look like a drama school dropout.
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

TV-commercials Patrick Macnee: Swiss Chalet (1988)

Swiss Chalet
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Wow, it's so nice seeing these little clips and catching Pat in commercials and the rare TV show I haven't yet had the chance to see.

What a wonderful break in the day to stop and watch Pat catch a hot potato! ;-)

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

Interesting indeed. Even more interesting is that 22 years ago, $5.95 was relatively expensive for a box dinner. That translates to $11.14 today.
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

Wonderful clips! Pat has just the right voice for advertising products *dashes off to buy some Amplex**
Last watched: The Undertakers
Mona

Post by Mona »

Pat does have a GREAT voice. That's why he's done so many audio book tapes, I think. I have my all-time favorite audio book, and I believe I've bought every single audio book Pat has ever recorded (including one whereby the editing was faulty--Pat made a speaking error and then cursed, and it was right there in the recording!). Has anyone else ever listened to "The Musical Life of Gustav Mole"? Okay, okay, I'm weird, I know, but that little children's audio book is on my Ipod! ;-) I just love Pat's rendition of that sweetly musical mole! I told him how great it was on a live chat on-line with him, years and years ago, and he was very pleased. He really enjoyed recording that book. ;-)

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Purrr
Thingumajig

Post by Purrr »

Patrick Macnee played Valery Kedrov in "Epiphany", an episode from the TV series "War of the Worlds". (1989)

War of the Worlds
Cariheart

Post by Cariheart »

Thanks to Purr as always!
Loved watching Pat in this episode, though I've never seen the show itself. He looked great as usual. That girl seems familiar to me. Tall, squared shoulders, high cheek-bone structure, auburn hair...hmm...
" I appreciate your ... appreciation."- Mrs. Emma Peel - Escape in Time