Reavenging - Avengers Event - London 10/2010

Brollies, bowlers and boots (kinky, of course) are just a mouse click away. Tell us what Avengerish things you have found on the web.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I see your problem.

Must be honest - considering that Fantom have organised several events in the past, I'd have expected to have been kept better informed of developments and considering the price of the event, a posted ticket/confirmaton would have been the least I'd have expected.

I only found out that the email was my ticket because I asked.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

Boy, I'd hate the weather, but right now, for just a second I wish I lived in London--I'd already have a ticket in hand for that little convention! I hope it's successful and bigger next year--then I'll fly out! Have fun you lucky Brits going! Please do send full reports!

Mona
(living where it's nearly always sunny and very often hot)
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
fantom
White Dwarf

Post by fantom »

Alan wrote:I see your problem.

Must be honest - considering that Fantom have organised several events in the past, I'd have expected to have been kept better informed of developments and considering the price of the event, a posted ticket/confirmaton would have been the least I'd have expected.

I only found out that the email was my ticket because I asked.
Hi There,

Firstly, regards developments - the website has been updated regularly as and when guests have been announced. The only item yet to be announced is the schedule, which should be posted either today or tomorrow. We also post on a couple of different forums.

Posted tickets were phased out at the beginning of the year, purely because of the cost involved - organising events such as these are not cheap, and the majority of attendees would arrive without them.

When the receipt was emailed to you - it mentioned at the top: "Please print out and retain this receipt, as it will now act as your entry ticket to the event."

Fantom Films are pleased to be able to offer you tickets at £35 each which includes a sounvenir programme, panels and two free signatures per guest. At recent events Honor & Fenella's signature alone has been £15 per autograph. If you were to get the equivalent at a Memorabilia or Collectormania it would cost £200!

Hans - please get your mum to call me as all the confirmations for telephone customers was posted out about ten days ago.

If anyone has any questions please contact us either on the ticket booking telephone line, or email is at enquires*at*fantomfilms.co.uk
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Thanks for your response. I was probably a little bit over-critical - a week-long toothache episode fogging my perception...

I had also got in my mind that the tickets had been more than the £35, but of course you're quite right and I agree, it sounds excellent value. I also note that you sent out an email bulletin last week, which I thought a very good and welcome idea.

Looking forward to the event!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
fantom
White Dwarf

Post by fantom »

Schedule for Sunday's event...

11.15 PANEL Peter J Elliot / Philip Anthony
11.45 SIGNING Peter J Elliot / Philip Anthony / Tom Adams / Murray Melvin / Bernard Kay
12.45 PANEL Tom Adams / Murray Melvin / Bernard Kay
13.45 PANEL Honor Blackman
14.45 SIGNING Honor Blackman
15.45 JOINED BY Fenella Fielding / Anneke Wills / Janet Hargreaves
16.45 PANEL Fenella Fielding / Anneke Wills / Janet Hargreaves
17.45 CLOSE

Thanks,
Dexter
The Gaslight Ghoul
Winged Avenger

Post by The Gaslight Ghoul »

Am also looking forward to this immensely, see you all there who's going. :D
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

The Gaslight Ghoul wrote:Am also looking forward to this immensely, see you all there who's going. :D
make sure you give us a report..on how it went down, etc
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

So, in terms of who's going from this forum....it's myself, Alan, fantom, Big Bear, hans and The Gaslight Ghoul. Have I missed anybody out?

See you all on Sunday for what promises to be a terrific event!!

:D :D :D
Last watched: The Undertakers
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

I'm new to the forum, and I'm also attending.
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

I would have loved to go, but sadly, due to the new government's impulsive changes to immigration laws, it is now taking three months for my work visa to process, instead of the previous two weeks.

As such, I'm back in Sydney until it's sorted. Hope you all enjoy it- and hopefully Honor can be persuaded to attend Chichester next year!