50TH Anniversary Book

Review and discuss not only Avengers non-fiction books and magazines here, but also mouse mats, coffee mugs, T-shirts and all other Avengers stuff one can buy.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

How much is it in Waterstones? I looked on their website and it was saying £25.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Andrew Pixley
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:How much is it in Waterstones? I looked on their website and it was saying £25.
That's the RRP. Fair price for such a gorgeous volume I'd say.

All the best

Andrew
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

I see. I ask because they have a half price offer on in store, but no Avengers book.

Amazon have it for £14.99
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Andrew Pixley

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I see. I ask because they have a half price offer on in store, but no Avengers book.
The half price deal was only on some titles, not "The Avengers" one.
Amazon have it for £14.99
Indeed - but my wife and I try to avoid purchasing on the internet wherever possible because we very much like to support high street stores. We've seen so many excellent businesses go to the wall because of the net and a lot of friends lose their jobs, so we like to do our bit where we can afford to.

All the best

Andrew
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Unfortunately I'm not in a position financially to do that Andrew, but good luck with it. Waterstones is a huge chain anyway, being part of the HMV group.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Andrew Pixley

Post by Andrew Pixley »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Unfortunately I'm not in a position financially to do that Andrew, but good luck with it.
Tough times indeed. We're doing what we can to keep everything in circulation ... but we know that there will eventually be a limit to what we can do. And we'll do it as long as viable.
Waterstones is a huge chain anyway, being part of the HMV group.
True ... but both seem to be having difficulties and are clearly carrying notably less stock.

All the best

Andrew
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

There is something very satisfying about choosing a book (or a record) off the shelf and going to the desk. Picking up a parcel off the matt isn't quite the same.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
The Gaslight Ghoul
Winged Avenger

Post by The Gaslight Ghoul »

Forbidden Planet have this and the Hammer posters book for £5.00 off.

I only found this out after I'd bought them elsewhere. Grrrr!
You check the files, I'll check my memories.
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

Got this yesterday at a Hammer Horror event, a really nice book,with some great photos. Would have liked more text and maybe each page about one episode, a bit like Marcus's "The Hammer Story" but still very nice to look at.
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:There is something very satisfying about choosing a book (or a record) off the shelf and going to the desk. Picking up a parcel off the matt isn't quite the same.
I generally don't get time to go far enough to find things like this. Plus if you don't buy books like this when there's a glut on the shelf, you can end up with a thumbed copy before you've managed to do it yourself. Buying through Amazon I like to think I'll get a copy which no-human goat-sucking alien has touched. Although saying that I sent back mt Dr Who annual 2 weeks ago as it was scratched to death.

ps, gorgeous Cathy avatar Dandy.