The Complete Avengers: 50th Anniversary Edition (39 Discs)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

paulpdjh
Winged Avenger

Post by paulpdjh »

Does anyone else think that 150 Pounds is a bargain?
It is a bargain compared to the price of the individual series boxsets (although they're good value considering I paid £10 each for VHS videocassettes of two New Avengers episodes about 20 years ago).

As I already have the sets for Series 1/2-5 and have pre-ordered Series 6, I'm undecided on whether to get the complete set also - it will depend on what the extras are. I'm guessing that it might include a reconstruction of another lost series one episode. I'm really enjoying these and think I remember reading that 13 had been produced.
Paul
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

14 have been produced. I'm glad that you're enjoying them!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

paulpdjh wrote:It is a bargain compared to the price of the individual series boxsets (although they're good value considering I paid £10 each for VHS videocassettes of two New Avengers episodes about 20 years ago).
Good point. I remember paying the same, possibly a quid or two more, for my Lumiere videos in the early '90s, not to mention all the DVDs.

I'm perfectly happy to wait for the new discs. Especially as the run of Optimum discs have been a nightmare fault/error wise. Has there been a set released so far fault-free?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Steve
White Dwarf

Post by Steve »

Don't understand how they can have released another set with faults!
PiCklEs
White Dwarf

Post by PiCklEs »

Looking at more detail at the box I am concerned about the style. Sliding disks out of card can create lots of damage. Look at the Buffy box sets that were like books. Even with the 'improvement' of soft cloth being stuck on one side there were still problems. I ended up getting alot of empty DVD cases to store them in. . . . . . Ah maybe that will be a use for the old avengers DVDs I have. Use the boxes to store these new DVDs.

Would be nice if the extra disk was an extended edit of the Avengers film. Not long to go until it released and we find out.
PiCklEs
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

PiCklEs wrote:Would be nice if the extra disk was an extended edit of the Avengers film. Not long to go until it released and we find out.
That's DEFINITELY not on the bonus disc, much as I would love it to be.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Alan wrote:
PiCklEs wrote:Would be nice if the extra disk was an extended edit of the Avengers film. Not long to go until it released and we find out.
That's DEFINITELY not on the bonus disc, much as I would love it to be.
Alan, I realise that if you do know what is on it, you won't be at liberty to say what is on it! However, might you be able to tell us when the contents might be announced? :)
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I do know some of the things that will be on the bonus disc, but as you say, until the announcement is made, I cannot comment. I'm afraid I have no information on when the announcement will be made.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

PiCklEs wrote:Looking at more detail at the box I am concerned about the style. Sliding disks out of card can create lots of damage. Look at the Buffy box sets that were like books. Even with the 'improvement' of soft cloth being stuck on one side there were still problems. I ended up getting alot of empty DVD cases to store them in. . . . . . Ah maybe that will be a use for the old avengers DVDs I have. Use the boxes to store these new DVDs.

Would be nice if the extra disk was an extended edit of the Avengers film. Not long to go until it released and we find out.
a familar tale of woe...I've bought many sets, that had problems with roughing up discs..i.e. sliding them outta sleeves, etc...often ending up
with scratched discs...(sigh) I wish a little more common sense would be used, in designing box sets..
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

so.... do I hold off buying the rest of the individual series box sets and wait for this one....or are the extras in the individual box sets not in this mega set? I too wish I was made of money at times like this :( :(
Last watched: The Undertakers