The Avengers DVD Set 4 (Series 5) from Optimum

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

servalan66
White Dwarf

Post by servalan66 »

I do find it odd you can accept the vocals as they are. as some wag said steed and emma sound like pinky and perky.(I prefer my liberace!). now's its fine and dandy if you can live with them as they are, but that still doesn't make them correct.
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

I watched The Winged Avenger last night. The voices are obviously wrong. Steed and Mrs Peel are instantly recognisable by their very distinctive voices. And these only sound like 'normal' Steed and Peel voices when there voices go 'deeper' on the 'speeded up' soundtrack.

I would be nice to hear if the problem is going to be addressed, or ignored as I'm thinking it will.
supersimon
Thingumajig

Sound problems

Post by supersimon »

I don't know if I speak for anyone else, but I suspect I do. I will not be buying this set until this sound problem is sorted and I won't be buying the Tara King series until I have heard plenty of reviews saying it is ok. This is a huge shame given how long we have waited and the series box sets have been delayed from their original release dates
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Sound problems

Post by Frankymole »

supersimon wrote:I don't know if I speak for anyone else, but I suspect I do. I will not be buying this set until this sound problem is sorted and I won't be buying the Tara King series until I have heard plenty of reviews saying it is ok. This is a huge shame given how long we have waited and the series box sets have been delayed from their original release dates
I haven't bought any sets after season 3, since I had such trouble with S1+2 and then the S4 faults were reported just before I went to buy it. I held off S4 (intending to buy when all faulty sets had been replaced at the "etailers"), haven't got round to it yet, and this news of the S5 problems is putting me off the filmed series altogether.

Maybe I will wait for BluRay. In the meantime, I'd rather keep the Contender sets than have episodes full of faults.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Frankymole wrote:
supersimon wrote:I don't know if I speak for anyone else, but I suspect I do. I will not be buying this set until this sound problem is sorted and I won't be buying the Tara King series until I have heard plenty of reviews saying it is ok. This is a huge shame given how long we have waited and the series box sets have been delayed from their original release dates
I haven't bought any sets after season 3, since I had such trouble with S1+2 and then the S4 faults were reported just before I went to buy it. I held off S4 (intending to buy when all faulty sets had been replaced at the "etailers"), haven't got round to it yet, and this news of the S5 problems is putting me off the filmed series altogether.

Maybe I will wait for BluRay. In the meantime, I'd rather keep the Contender sets than have episodes full of faults.
Wise words from both of you. I hadn't got round to buying anything after S1/2 (based on my personal rule of not to order DVDs until I'm ready to watch them), but I only needed one experience of returning discs to be twice shy, as it were.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

This is also what I will be doing.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Someone has come up with a good idea on Roobarb's that anybody who's concerned to also e-mail [email protected].

Even if you don't own the sets yet but would like to, or are concerned about this possibly also affecting series 6 and the complete series box.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Someone has come up with a good idea on Roobarb's that anybody who's concerned to also e-mail [email protected].

Even if you don't own the sets yet but would like to, or are concerned about this possibly also affecting series 6 and the complete series box.
That's a great idea!! I emailed them myself the other day. Hope we hear something soon!
davidf
Little Wonder

Post by davidf »

I have not bought the set yet, but this sound similar to StudioCanal blunder on some blu-rays where they time delayed PAL audio (with higher pitch) to fit back to 24fps Blu-Ray speed.

I listened to the samples and It's obvious something wrong having been done to the audio masters.

This warrant a complete recall, sadly.
robmyers
Nutshell

Post by robmyers »

It's really sad that there are problems with the sound. I hope they can be fixed. The image quality is wonderful and deserves the best possible accompaniment. :-)