The Avengers DVD Set 4 (Series 5) from Optimum

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

seventeen wrote:I have not bought the set yet, but this sound similar to StudioCanal blunder on some blu-rays where they time delayed PAL audio (with higher pitch) to fit back to 24fps Blu-Ray speed.

I listened to the samples and It's obvious something wrong having been done to the audio masters.

This warrant a complete recall, sadly.
arghhhhh, what ever happen to quality control ? you would think that someone would see that stuff like this doesn't happen...

I'm seeing more and more flawed discs...I had to take back 'life on mars' four times, before getting a trouble free box set...it was maddening!
davidf
Little Wonder

Post by davidf »

What happened to quality control ? Simple : they don't send the check discs to me :wink:
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

There is also a misspelling on the box. "Return of The Cybernaughts"?
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

MRotten wrote:There is also a misspelling on the box. "Return of The Cybernaughts"?
D'OH.. and I've just realised I've spelt it wrong too..
Cybernowt

Post by Cybernowt »

MRotten wrote:There is also a misspelling on the box. "Return of The Cybernaughts"?
Game of 'Cybernaughts and Crosses' anyone?!
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

Cybernowt wrote:
Game of 'Cybernaughts and Crosses' anyone?!
All I can say about this error is that it was naughty of them.
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

robmyers wrote:It's really sad that there are problems with the sound. I hope they can be fixed. The image quality is wonderful and deserves the best possible accompaniment. :-)
I just got the box and sadly this is a major problem. It appears that ALL of the episodes are too fast. Very disappointing. This needs to be corrected. This is wrong, plain wrong. The episodes are unwatchable because of the incorrect speed, as brilliant as the image quality is. If Optimum does not address and rectify this problem soon, letters need to pour in. I'm not waiting; I'm writing mine today.
Cybernowt

Post by Cybernowt »

As well as a major cock up with the mastering, there's also a serious Optimum PR cock up going on. Mistakes happen but they can be rectified, and the faster they are rectified, the less lasting damage is done.

By not making a simple announcement such as 'Replacement discs will be available, but not for 6 weeks.' Optimum are going to seriously dent their sales of this and series 6.

I've waited a week or so in case an announcement appeared, but as it hasn't the set will be going back for a refund tomorrow.
jld21
Nutshell

Post by jld21 »

I've been in contact with Amazon and have been authorised to return my Series 5 box set tomorrow. I will purchase it again if and when Optimum decide to acknowledge and resolve the issues mentioned on this forum. I've also cancelled my order for Series 6, but will purchase it when we know the set is 100% issue free.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Cybernowt wrote:As well as a major cock up with the mastering, there's also a serious Optimum PR cock up going on. Mistakes happen but they can be rectified, and the faster they are rectified, the less lasting damage is done.

By not making a simple announcement such as 'Replacement discs will be available, but not for 6 weeks.' Optimum are going to seriously dent their sales of this and series 6.

I've waited a week or so in case an announcement appeared, but as it hasn't the set will be going back for a refund tomorrow.
Optimum may well not be in a position to make an announcement at this stage. Remember, they are licensees, so have to negotiate with Studio Canal in Paris - and such things take time.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger