The Avengers - Series 5 + 6 replacement discs

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

jld21
Nutshell

Post by jld21 »

I've also had a look at the information on the discs and unlike previous replacements, Version 2 or whatever number it is, isn't written on them. Is this correct for these replacement discs? Thanks again!
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

jld21 wrote:I've also had a look at the information on the discs and unlike previous replacements, Version 2 or whatever number it is, isn't written on them. Is this correct for these replacement discs? Thanks again!
Corrected discs for the Series 5 discs should have V3 towards the centre of the playing side. You will see other data etched here, but it should include V3.

I suggest you drop them an e-mail regarding the missing Series 6 disc. I sent mine off at different times, and therefore received the replacements at different times. I'm not sure what happened with other peoples though. They have always been kind enough to reply to my e-mails, so I would just enquire if you Series 6 disc is following later.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Just out of interest, what is the difference between V2 and V3?
Last watched: "Concerto"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

What do you all think of the corrected episodes of season 5? This seems to be the season most badly affected by faults. Are these ok to buy now?Thanks, Rich.
Mr S
Thingumajig

Post by Mr S »

I can't tell you, because I haven't received my replacements yet....has anyone?
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Mr S, which discs are you waiting for? Season 5? I've just been reading on another forum that some people are still waiting for season 4 - and even unanswered emails.

By the way when you do get your replacements, check for faults straight away. Unhelpfully, Optimum have been known to send out faulty discs for faulty discs.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Mr S
Thingumajig

Post by Mr S »

Dandy, I'm waiting for season 5 (and the 1st season 6 disc) which I sent to Optimum in January. It's a real mess isn't it......
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

I got my Season 5 replacement discs about a month ago (sent them away in January). I sent my Disc One of Season 6 to them two weeks ago so am waiting for that one now.
Last watched: The Undertakers
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Halfhide, what do you think of your replacements for season 5? Have they made a good enough job of correcting all the problems? Are these now ok to buy? Thanks, Rich.
Mr S
Thingumajig

Post by Mr S »

After 3 and a half months, finally received my replacements today. After a quick spin, the audio seems fine. Looking forward to watching them, picture quality is stunning!