The Avengers Movie on a Desert Island

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Avengerholic wrote:I like 'Stormy Weather' buts that's it :wink:
I like most of that album. I've listened to it countless times!
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

ShaggE wrote:Don't get me wrong, the score itself wasn't bad,
"Every single element of this film is jaw-droppingly awful. The sets, the costumes, the dialog, the music, the effects, the comedy, the teddy bear costumes (!)... even the opening credits."

No chance of that !
Avengerholic
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Avengerholic »

Avengerholic wrote:
ShaggE wrote:Don't get me wrong, the score itself wasn't bad,
"Every single element of this film is jaw-droppingly awful. The sets, the costumes, the dialog, the music, the effects, the comedy, the teddy bear costumes (!)... even the opening credits."
?? Both comments made by the same individual ! Now how could anyone get you wrong ! :lol:
ShaggE
The Ministry

Post by ShaggE »

Which is why I said that in itself, the score isn't bad.

In the context of the movie, I felt that it just didn't work. It seemed cliché and bland.
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

Not quite sure why my original question caused anger among Avengers film fans. It is simply that I asked which EPISODE of the show people would take to their desert island. As for the film, I have now watched it on DVD and I was wrong...it is worse than I imagined. Maybe if I had never seen an episode I would say it was simply poor but...It has made me more convinced than ever than great shows should be allowed to RIP.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Rodney wrote:Not quite sure why my original question caused anger among Avengers film fans. It is simply that I asked which EPISODE of the show people would take to their desert island. As for the film, I have now watched it on DVD and I was wrong...it is worse than I imagined. Maybe if I had never seen an episode I would say it was simply poor but...It has made me more convinced than ever than great shows should be allowed to RIP.
Had you not seen the movie before Rodney?

I have to agree, as far as I'm concerned, the movie was bad. But to others here on the board and elsewhere I'm sure, the movie was good. And that's fine. I have no problem with someone liking a movie that I hate. Heck, if I did, I would have had ShaggE carted off a long time ago... :lol: (Hi darling..go along with those nice men...they'll give you a lovely new coat.)

Anyway, I have seen one good show made into a half way decent movie...The Twilight Zone...Now before I get bombarded with the proverbial rotten tomatos, it certainly wasn't a great movie, but it was passable. So it is possible to let the dead rise again. Maybe if there had been more effort put into the movie to make it more like an Avenger's episode, it wouldn't have been half bad. I would like to get my hands on the original script. I'm sure it would make an interesting read.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.
kim
The Ministry

Post by kim »

Oh and Wild Wild West and some of the Star Trek movies were all pretty good.
Every parent has a favorite child. Usually the child belongs to the neighbors.