Paul O'Grady mentions The Avengers again.

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Thanks for that. Yes, John Cleese is one of the sat nav voices and they were talking about that earlier. You have good ears.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Thanks for that. Yes, John Cleese is one of the sat nav voices and they were talking about that earlier. You have good ears.
always loved John Cleese..quite a talent !
Ginandtonic
Little Wonder

Post by Ginandtonic »

Does anyone know how we can get in touch with Paul O'Grady, I'm trying to get a mention on the series, regarding the tribute now that it's all moving. I've found him on twitter, but unless he's following me I can't send a direct message, and replying to a tweet, could get lost in the hundreds of tweet replies he or his publicist get on twitter.

The ITV page seems to link to a facebook page as well; I have dropped a message on the wall with a link as it states, it also adds 'any messages on the wall may get mentioned on the live show'... trouble is, is there any guarantee that will happen.

Paul seems to really love the original, he could be handy in driving up any publicity, as at the moment we've got hardly any, and finding it hard pressed to find any fans to rally behind us, there's a page on FB with 10,000 + fans, we've got 78 :( loving the support we have at the moment, but when everything is up videos an all, we're going to struggle to convince anyone to bring the show back in some form or another with less than 100 fans. Have tried the papers but get zero response. With Paul we might be able to get a foot in the door in showing that people care about seeing the show return.

I know Paul recently mentioned the series again with John Cleese the other week... one has to wonder if he's doing this to drop hints to ITV to look into bringing it back, in which case we need to move fast.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Have you tried contacting him via his Radio 2 show?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00jm03v
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Ginandtonic
Little Wonder

Post by Ginandtonic »

Ah Timeless you're a diamond... totally forgot about his radio show... will certainly try that avenue.

Really need to drive up the publicity about this and heck drive up the publicity for the 50th and the event in Chichester.

:D
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Paul O'Grady mentions The Avengers again.

Post by mousemeat »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I always record The Paul O'Grady Show. Even when the guests aren't good, he's always fun to watch. 5pm is a bit too early for me so I record it and watch it in the evening if there's nothing on..

And the fact he often mentions The Avengers adds to the pleasure. Tonight he had actress Emilia Fox on and said (paraphrasing) "Do you know who you'd be good in? The New Avengers. They've got to bring it back, they bring everything back. How do you fancy being Mrs Peel, dressed head to foot in leather throwing people around?" Emilia said she had to learn to fight when she was in the remake of Randal & Hopkirk (Deceased), and indicated she'd be up for it. Casting sorted then!

Anyway, I just think it's a hoot that POG constantly gives The Avengers a huge plug and reminds his viewers of this great show.

he's the ultimate groupie of the show..(LOL)
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Ginandtonic wrote:Ah Timeless you're a diamond... totally forgot about his radio show... will certainly try that avenue.

Really need to drive up the publicity about this and heck drive up the publicity for the 50th and the event in Chichester.

:D
Hope it proves fruitful. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

Paul O'Grady just gave the 50th anniversary event a great plug on his Radio 2 show ! :D
Ginandtonic
Little Wonder

Post by Ginandtonic »

Hi MLP has he mentioned the Avengers Return? We emailed the show twice this week, hoping for a mention?
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

Ginandtonic wrote:Hi MLP has he mentioned the Avengers Return?
Nope. A swipe at ITV for ignoring the anniversary and then said how much he's looking forward to the Chichester event.