"Diana Rigg won't talk about The Avengers"

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

denis wrote:For me, Diana Rigg is Mrs Peel; that's all. In France, she is only known for that part (and the James Bond film).
Most of the public knows her for The Avengers and little else. Doing plays in England is fine for people who can see her, but that leaves a large part of the population out. Television is a tremendously powerful medium, as many performers have discovered. It's difficult to shake a TV character, especially one as iconic as Mrs. Peel. Combine that with the 1960s as a cultural wonderland, it's no surprise it is revisited as often as it is. There has not been a decade since that has had the lasting impact and appeal of the '60s. No other decade even comes close.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

MRotten wrote:
denis wrote:For me, Diana Rigg is Mrs Peel; that's all. In France, she is only known for that part (and the James Bond film).
Most of the public knows her for The Avengers and little else. Doing plays in England is fine for people who can see her, but that leaves a large part of the population out. Television is a tremendously powerful medium, as many performers have discovered. It's difficult to shake a TV character, especially one as iconic as Mrs. Peel. Combine that with the 1960s as a cultural wonderland, it's no surprise it is revisited as often as it is. There has not been a decade since that has had the lasting impact and appeal of the '60s. No other decade even comes close.
the pros and cons of being 'typecasted'...
Gracie
Nutshell

Post by Gracie »

Well, if you were say 50 and had been fairly successful but someone kept wanting to talk about high school constantly, you might be polite about it but after a while, wouldn't you wish to talk about something else?
Whiskers
Winged Avenger

Post by Whiskers »

From today's Sunday Express - Avengers mention near end.

http://www.express.co.uk/poFRom todaaaa ... n-unstoned
Last watched : Intercrime
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

Met her on Saturday at the theatre and she was lovely, even got an Avengers photo signed by her.
If anyone is interested (and I'm sure you are!) she is attending The Entertainment Media Show at Olympia 2 London, October 1st Saturday only, I expect I might see a few of you!
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Good to hear a positive story about Diana Rigg and The Avengers. Thanks.

Read this on Roobarb's:
Dame Diana Rigg is appearing at the Entertainment Media Show in London on October 1st. She is signing items from her full career - including Avengers and Bond photos.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

Blimey, never thought I would see that happen! :D
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

If I went, I'd only take my copy of "The Mrs Bradley Mysteries" for her to sign!
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Someone should bring a copy of The Sentimental Agent and see if she remembers it. :wink:

I'm surprised Diana's going, but it's nice to hear that she is. :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

As I've said elsewhere, it sounds like a damage limitation excercise but I hope it's a pleasent experience for her and everone has a great day.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY