Posted letter to Patrick MacNee returned

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Re: Letters to Celebrities

Post by Frankymole »

bobbysteed wrote:I am curious, how many out there have ever posted a letter to a Celebritie? Have you recieved a response? A letter back?
I generally write to authors rather than celbrities per se although some of them are well known. I only write if I've genuinely enjoyed reading a work of theirs recently, and they've all written back in conversational tone and even recommended authors they themselves enjoy!

With actors the same applies - I usually write emails though (where they have a website or have themselves published their email address), for The Avengers I wrote to Patricia English who was in an episode I'd recently watched and I wrote to compliment her on it. Got a very nice reply. I also exchanged emails twice with another actor who was pleased and flattered to be remembered and said it was always enjoyable to receive emails from fans, compared to the usual business mails or spam.
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Gracie
Nutshell

Post by Gracie »

I can't imagine any actor would mind getting a friendly letter from a fan. :)
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Re: Letters to Celebrities

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:
bobbysteed wrote:I am curious, how many out there have ever posted a letter to a Celebritie? Have you recieved a response? A letter back?
I generally write to authors rather than celbrities per se although some of them are well known. I only write if I've genuinely enjoyed reading a work of theirs recently, and they've all written back in conversational tone and even recommended authors they themselves enjoy!

With actors the same applies - I usually write emails though (where they have a website or have themselves published their email address), for The Avengers I wrote to Patricia English who was in an episode I'd recently watched and I wrote to compliment her on it. Got a very nice reply. I also exchanged emails twice with another actor who was pleased and flattered to be remembered and said it was always enjoyable to receive emails from fans, compared to the usual business mails or spam.
have felt pretty much the same way. Big fan of authors. but have written actors.
got a nice postcard from George Lazenby, some years ago. Very nice !
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

BobbySteed,

What address did you use for Patrick Macnee. If you want to write it publicly that's fine or you can send me a PM.

It's best at this point to send the letter directly to his home address, which I have and is not that hard to track down.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I had tried to send a letter to Patrick too, in 2008. However, the letter never arrived and was sent back to France. :cry:

Mona, if this can help, I had found Patrick's fanmail address at fanmail.biz :wink:

It is a relatively good website since I got an autograph from Linda Thorson last year. :D
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Mona

Post by Mona »

Yes, the Holyoke address is, I believe, still his home address. That's too bad it came back. I have no idea why. Patrick, as you can imagine, is usually delighted to hear/meet fans. He's always been very sweet that way. If you sent it in 2008, in the fall, he had had a heart attack; perhaps his mail was dealt with in some odd way, then. I think if you sent it again today, he'd receive it, but I don't think he'd send anything back.

If you order a photo from his website, though, he will personalize it if you wish. ;-) www.patrickmacnee.com

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Interesting... I just checked out his website. There's a welcome page, but you can't go anywhere after that. Seems to be no clickable links.
Mona

Post by Mona »

Sam,

I opened it up before I sent my post. It works fine. You need to click on Welcome to get into it.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Well, instead of sending another letter to Patrick, I simply signed his guestbook that he had re-activated on his website. I had left him a message and he replied 'Many thanks' :D .
By the way, is it his son who's reading all the kind messages to him or Patrick himself ?
I tend to say he's got an agent obviously but he might check out some Avengers website from time to time, who knows ? :D
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Mona

Post by Mona »

I think it's either Rupert (probably) or possibly Jenny. I didn't like Pat's long time agent and trust me, she wouldn't have a clue (if she was still alive) how to manage the internet. ;-)

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk