The Avengers - A 50th Anniversary Celebration

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

bunny wrote:
Does anyone know if there are going to be anymore guest announcements or if Diana Rigg will be attending?
Cheers
I doubt Diana will participate...Though I'd love to meet her.
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

This is where I bought my tickets to see Diana in Pygmalion. It's a top night out and you should really go if you can make it to London.

The same website offers a ticket and hotel package too!
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I'll arrive in Chichester on Thursday, June 23rd around 5.30pm, at the station. If some of you people are coming approximately on the same day, at the same hour, it might be great to see each other. What do you think ? I let you know that i'll explore the campus the morning after, all day long, why not visiting the team who organized the celebration too ? :wink:
Anyway, as for Kim's message, I'll have a carnation, so that we can be identified. :)
mapeel
White Dwarf

Post by mapeel »

Hello! Hi everyone. This is my first post here. :D
my name is Mara, italian and longtime Avenger fan. To be specific, I still remember the day I got hooked. May, 19th, 1978 the day The Eagle's Nest premiered on RaiDue. I was 9. You can do the math :wink:

I'll be attending the event, and I'll probably be the only italian, but I'm so excited to be there!

I'll be staying @ the Vestry looks like a cool place.
Hope I'll make it for the concert, my flight lands @ 4.25pm.... with a little luck I'll get there around 6.10pm..... crossing fingers :!:
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Heyyy ! :D
Great to have Italian fans at the convention. To tell you the truth, maybe i'll be alone too (I don't think other French folks will show up). I guess you'll also attend to the social event on Friday night ? I'll see you there then ! :)
bunny
Nutshell

Post by bunny »

Maybe we should do a roll call!?
Who from the forum is attending, what days and where are you staying?
I'm sure there is a pub that could fit us all in on friday night, after the concert, for a meet up.
George
Thingumajig

Post by George »

bunny wrote:Maybe we should do a roll call!?
I'm sure there is a pub that could fit us all in on friday night, after the concert, for a meet up.
I would love to attend, but I fear its too late to book and book accommodation, plus its probably going to me too expensive for me to afford.
"Mrs Peel, we're needed"
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

George wrote:
I would love to attend, but I fear its too late to book and book accommodation, plus its probably going to me too expensive for me to afford.
No, you can call them tomorrow. Some fans booked last Friday. :wink:
You have the choice to stay in Chichester during the whole week-end and in that case, you'll pay £150 or you just spend one day, which costs £80.
George
Thingumajig

Post by George »

JohnSteedFr wrote:
George wrote:
No, you can call them tomorrow. Some fans booked last Friday. :wink:
You have the choice to stay in Chichester during the whole week-end and in that case, you'll pay £150 or you just spend one day, which costs £80.
Right, cos I really don't want to go on my own. I will also have to pay for train fare, which is going to cost as well.
"Mrs Peel, we're needed"
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I didn't get my train tickets from London Victoria to Chichester. I have to collect them at Victoria. It was affordable when I pre-ordered my tickets (24 or 25 pounds) in April. Maybe you can still manage to get cheap tickets, can't you ?