The Complete Avengers: 50th Anniversary Edition (39 Discs)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

jamieavenger
Nutshell

Post by jamieavenger »

With the strong Australian dollar and free delivery from Amazon, this has worked out so much cheaper than when I first purchased the show on DVD.

The packaging is sturdy and beautifully presented, although I agree the discs are hard to remove.

Watched the Hendry episodes and I will echo what others have said - the remastering is amazing, and worth the purchase even if you have the series on DVD in previous formats. Can't wait to see how the colour eps look.

The bonus disc is a tad short on features for my liking, but I can understand that given so many other bonus features are on other discs.

Thanks to everyone involved in producing this - it's something to treasure.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Ordered the set for my birthday and it is affordable (look at the special features that are provided). It's never been released before and it is an opportunity to seize.
I couldn't believe my eyes when watching the tests (actresses trying to get a part after Diana Rigg) with Valerie Van Ost. She's so cute in the extract. And the quality is impressive, as if it'd been filmed nowadays. I wonder if the Bryce episodes would look the same if they're still part of this world at the moment.

Also the incredible galleries on the final disc (series 6) with photos from INVITATION TO A KILLING (Tara with a rifle, searching for Conrad), GREAT GREAT BRITAIN CRIME (Obviously, some material is missing in HOMICIDE AND OLD LACE).

Actually, I'm having a marathon for the celebration in Chichester. They planned a fan meeting (Friday 24th) with a quiz. :D
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Richard73
White Dwarf

Post by Richard73 »

Does anyone know if the bonus disc will be made available for those that bought the series boxsets? Thanks.
JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I'm not sure exactly but it appears that the bonus disc is sold with the entire series boxset only. I had asked the question before but it wasn't possible to get the disc.
A pity, I know. :cry:
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Macfly77
Thingumajig

Post by Macfly77 »

A few months back, while inquiring about the whereabouts of my series 5 corrected discs, I also asked about the possibility of a separate release for the exclusive bonus disc from the complete boxset and here was their full answer:

"Dear Mr Lefebvre

Thank you for your email.

We will be making a statement about this product shortly.

Please consult fansites and Amazon.co.uk for more information.

Many thanks

Customer Services"

Of course, it's now three months later and we haven't heard anything more about it, so I'm beginning to lose hope...
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

Hi Macfly 77 - the best thing would be to ring them personally. I too was waiting ages, so I rang. The chap on the phone was very polite and apologised for the delay. The disc arrived three days later.
Last watched: The Undertakers
Macfly77
Thingumajig

Post by Macfly77 »

Halfhide wrote:Hi Macfly 77 - the best thing would be to ring them personally. I too was waiting ages, so I rang. The chap on the phone was very polite and apologised for the delay. The disc arrived three days later.
Hi.
I actually meant that I hadn't heard about the possibility of a standalone bonus disc in 3 months. I received my replacement series 5 disc shortly after contacting them.
Sorry for the confusion, but thanks for the advice! :wink:
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

My set arrived yesterday, and I'm far more impressed with the packaging than I thought I would be. The discs are held snugly and, given care, shouldn't get scratched. The 'book' is gorgeous.

I've also realised that I've now achieved a desire I've had since 2004- owning every episode of The Avengers on DVD. That was when I bought the first edition of Series 5 back in Australia, which sadly didn't sell well enough for the other series to be released. It's a great feeling!
Halfhide
Winged Avenger

Post by Halfhide »

I know what you mean Brendan - I too now have the complete set. It's nice to be able to "dip" into any episode at any time! :lol:
Last watched: The Undertakers
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

I would really like to buy this set but im concerned about it getting damaged in the post, could anyone recommend a good online retailer that packages well?