The Avengers DVD Set 5 (Series 6) from Optimum

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

davidf
Little Wonder

Post by davidf »

re Legacy of Death, that "default" mentioned (flickering light) was inherent to copies of this episode transmitted in France.

My recorded VHS from the 80's is the same, however I didn't check the PAL VHS from the 90's, did someone compare ? .. I'm going to dig it up.
Last edited by davidf on Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
davidf
Little Wonder

Post by davidf »

Additionaly, I think there should be a locked thread, listing all the recent optimum discs defaults and how to buy right box sets and how to exchange them.

i'm currently still witholding on season 5 and 6 as I have no clue (unless I spend a couple of hours reading all messages) which versions are the right ones and how to order them. Even rhurbarb forum is of no help as all the different discs references are not listed anywhere in a single post.

To be more clear, ALL THE INFO ON THESE DISCS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE SOMEWHERE IN A SINGLE POST.

And no, I won't buy the complete set, I'm not even sure all discs are good in it. Plus I already got the first three sets.

Hats off to the bonus team thought, the content is fantastic.
Macfly77
Thingumajig

Post by Macfly77 »

seventeen wrote:Additionaly, I think there should be a locked thread, listing all the recent optimum discs defaults and how to buy right box sets and how to exchange them.

i'm currently still witholding on season 5 and 6 as I have no clue (unless I spend a couple of hours reading all messages) which versions are the right ones and how to order them. Even rhurbarb forum is of no help as all the different discs references are not listed anywhere in a single post.

To be more clear, ALL THE INFO ON THESE DISCS SHOULD BE AVAILABLE SOMEWHERE IN A SINGLE POST.
While no such thread might exist yet, all the information you need is collected on one single page at The Avengers Declassified.
davidf
Little Wonder

Post by davidf »

Didn't catch this one, awesome, thanks for the up :D
norw27
Little Wonder

Post by norw27 »

As much as it pains me to drag up another issue after all the previous problems, but......having watched all the episodes several times now I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed how much the picture on My Wildest Dream differs from every other episode, the colour/hue is really jarring watching straight after another episode and the "dipping" in brightness on "Legacy of Death" seems to plague this episode too, albeit not quite so severely. Maybe its just me, anybody else notice anything?
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

norw27 wrote:As much as it pains me to drag up another issue after all the previous problems, but......having watched all the episodes several times now I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed how much the picture on My Wildest Dream differs from every other episode, the colour/hue is really jarring watching straight after another episode and the "dipping" in brightness on "Legacy of Death" seems to plague this episode too, albeit not quite so severely. Maybe its just me, anybody else notice anything?
Not yet, but no doubt if there is a fault it will soon be all over the archive television forums!
Last watched: "Concerto"
darren
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by darren »

The director of photography on MWD was a new guy I don't think worked on any other episodes. He gives it a different look from the other episode yet in that season. I can't say that I noticed any issues with the episode - I just thought it looked wonderful.

I've checked the Legacy of Death as I haven't watched that one yet and the flicker is certainly noticeable.

There doesn't seem anything apparent to me on MWD - but if others could check.
Last edited by darren on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

Cavalcade were (maybe still are) selling this for £18 the other day.. so I thought it was too cheap to miss.. even if it means returning a disc when the new Legacy disc is available. It arrived yesterday.. Looks lovely, though The Forget Me Not is still the duff version.. so it looks like I'll have 2 discs to return!
lord_summerisle
White Dwarf

Post by lord_summerisle »

Received my Seriss 5 and 6 from Play/calvacade this morning - can confirm that series 5 is all marked V3. However, Series 6 disc 1 is not V3.

Has Optimum announced anything about replacing disc 5 (Legacy of Death) yet (seeing as how the corrected version is in the complete set)? I will hang fire with my disc 1 until something is firm.

Chris
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

lord_summerisle wrote: ..However, Series 6 disc 1 is not V3.

Has Optimum announced anything about replacing disc 5 (Legacy of Death) yet (seeing as how the corrected version is in the complete set)? I will hang fire with my disc 1 until something is firm.

Chris
I've been wondering that too. Seems silly to post off disc one by itelf now if the new disc 5 is to be offered up in a couple of weeks.

Maybe they're trying to force fans to buy the complete set.. as with the bonus disc.