The Complete Avengers: 50th Anniversary Edition (39 Discs)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

I'm not sure but everytime I bought an item on Amazon.co.uk, it had travelled safely. I got the 50th anniversary box set from amazon and it wasn't damaged. :wink:
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Big Bear wrote:I would really like to buy this set but im concerned about it getting damaged in the post, could anyone recommend a good online retailer that packages well?
Find out what the laws of your country say, good chance you're entitled to send it back and get a replacement or refund when you are sent a damaged good.
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

Find out what the laws of your country say, good chance you're entitled to send it back and get a replacement or refund when you are sent a damaged good.
Thank you, good point.
Looking around it seems that cavalcade-of-dvds have it the cheapest so I might have a look there.
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

Just received my complete box set from Optimum direct and it thankfully arrived in good shape.

Mine has just come with an episode guide booklet is that correct?

I have heard other stories of people receiving a Diana comic is this true and should there be any other flyers in the box set?

JohnSteedFr
Epic

Post by JohnSteedFr »

Big Bear wrote:
I have heard other stories of people receiving a Diana comic is this true and should there be any other flyers in the box set?

They were offered a Diana comic ? :o
Where did they buy the set because it's not included in the edition sold on Amazon? :cry:
I've been blessed by The Avengers!
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

JohnSteedFr wrote:
Big Bear wrote:

They were offered a Diana comic ? :o
Where did they buy the set because it's not included in the edition sold on Amazon? :cry:
Apparently someone on Roobarb's bought it from Sainsbury's and it contained an exclusive Diana strip (just one complete strip though.. not all of them.)
Big Bear
Little Wonder

Post by Big Bear »

Yep thats what I read too, still not sure if its true as nobody else seems to have one and I didn't think they produced it for the box set.
lord_summerisle
White Dwarf

Post by lord_summerisle »

Do Optimum intend to release the bonus disc separately? It seems a bit of a swizz for everyone who has purchased the sets individually.

Chris
Brendan Jones
Little Wonder

Post by Brendan Jones »

Big Bear wrote:Yep thats what I read too, still not sure if its true as nobody else seems to have one and I didn't think they produced it for the box set.
I got it in my set from Sainsburys. On the back, it says that the complete run of strips will be available in a trade paperback at the end of the year.
MLP*
Thingumajig

Post by MLP* »

Big Bear wrote:Yep thats what I read too, still not sure if its true as nobody else seems to have one and I didn't think they produced it for the box set.
I bought my copy from The Hut and it came with the Diana comic.