Avengers viewing tradition

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Gracie
Nutshell

Post by Gracie »

I watch an episode each morning before work, puts me in a good mood :)
I tried work, it didn't work out. It was too much like work.
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

Gracie wrote:I watch an episode each morning before work, puts me in a good mood :)
Good grief.. I barely have time to clean teeth before I go to work!
Gracie
Nutshell

Post by Gracie »

I don't start work until 10 and I have to get up early to get the children off to school, so I have some free time in the morning
I tried work, it didn't work out. It was too much like work.
Sinus1994
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Sinus1994 »

Oh that's a nice thread. 8)
Well, if The Avengers are running on TV I must watch them! That's my fundamental viewing tradition.

Step one: I'm going to annoy my parents: "Can I watch The Avengers? Please!", or "Can I, can I,... watch TV please (naturally The Avengers)?"
Step two: Blockade the living room to watch unhurriedly. :P
At last step three: After watching the episode, book the living room for tomorrow to see the next episode. :)
If they aren't running on TV I try to watch an episode (not every day) to stay on the ball.

Or, if I haven't got so much time to watch an episode, I just look at the photos in my several books and think, which episode I'd like to watch tomorrow or next time (e.g. at the weekend). :wink:

Sincerely yours,

Sinus1994 Image
Alex McKenna
Nutshell

Post by Alex McKenna »

My only tradition is to watch the Avengers when I'm feeling down. It takes me back to the 1960s and a happier time. Strange how it takes you out of real life to a more pleasant milieu. Even if murders are involved every few minutes! I get a wonderful lift and am living in 1964 all over again, and can reach for a glass of Creme Violette :-)
And of course, the Christmas Tree episode has to be seen around this time of year...
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Yes, that's a good possibility too.
Taken back to the 60s is great. There was everything easier and it was a happy time with the cool fashion, of course The Avengers and great music.
Well, to watch The Avengers that would make me happy too, if I'm down...
(It still makes me happy to watch an amusing episode!) :D
Oh yeah, I didn't thought of that. It's time to watch "Too Many Christmas Trees". I've been waiting the whole year to watch it again since last Christmas. :mrgreen:

Sincerely yours,

Sinus1994 Image
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

I usually watch one or maybe two episodes a week, always in chronological order, from Hendry to TNA, so I get to see every episode. Takes roughly 2 years, then I start over again. I've been doing this since 1994 when I managed to tape every episode from Bravo. I'm now watching them for the first time on the restored dvds. I'm halfway through season 2. Great quality. It's like watching them for the first time! :D Rich.
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Well, to watch all episodes in chronological order is a very clever idea.
I must try this too, because at home a always discussions,which episode we're going to watch in the evening...

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image