Any big fans of Tara King?

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Mona
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by Mona »

XR40 wrote:(In my opinion) Tara and Steed 'ARE' the Avengers. Series 6 is the best, nothing else compares. Better production values, better music, better intro, better storylines, better chemistry, better episode ending scenes, better cars, better...better...better...I sound like a broken record!!!

That's an interesting comment to make, XR40 that Steed and Tara has "better chemistry". Can you please explain that more from your point of view? What do you mean by "chemistry"--where do you see them having it so pointedly in the episodes?

Thanks!

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
MRotten

Post by MRotten »

XR40 wrote:(In my opinion) Tara and Steed 'ARE' the Avengers. Series 6 is the best, nothing else compares. Better production values, better music, better intro, better storylines, better chemistry, better episode ending scenes, better cars, better...better...better...I sound like a broken record!!!
The series had improved in many ways by the final season. Personally I think every season is "best" in its own way. Even the few Ian Hendry episodes in existence show how great the show was even then. I return to "The Frighteners" often, as the script and performances just crackle.
George
Thingumajig

Post by George »

I really do warm to the Steed and King episodes.:)
"Mrs Peel, we're needed"
XR40
Nutshell

Post by XR40 »

Mona, it is not so much that the chemistry was better, it is just that I 'preferred' the Steed/Tara interaction, over Steed/Emma's. Tara was more vulnerable and Steed was therefore more of a fatherly figure, 'looking after' Tara to some extent (and also to a further more physical extent, as was strongly suggested in some episodes). It just comes down to my preferences I suppose.

Last watched: Stay Tuned!!!
Mona

Post by Mona »

Oh, no, I saw that in the Tara years, too. And, I did like that Pat lost weight and was able to be more physical, as you said, in his protection of his neophyte partner. Okay, thanks for clarifying.

Mona
Fan of John Steed
Agent, Esquire, Hunk
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

XR40 wrote:Mona, it is not so much that the chemistry was better, it is just that I 'preferred' the Steed/Tara interaction, over Steed/Emma's. Tara was more vulnerable and Steed was therefore more of a fatherly figure, 'looking after' Tara to some extent (and also to a further more physical extent, as was strongly suggested in some episodes). It just comes down to my preferences I suppose.

Last watched: Stay Tuned!!!
well the sexual energy between the two, at times was wild....far different that
with Gale/Peel...
XR40
Nutshell

Post by XR40 »

Yes, I agree mousemeat... you can often see Tara unnecessarily getting close to Steed and you can almost see those sexy sparks fly. Easy tiger!!!!
Rhonda
Epic

Post by Rhonda »

We have been watching Tara episodes lately :
Saturday : The Super Secret Cypher Snatch
Monday : The Interrogators
Tuesday : Split!
Wednesday : Stay Tuned

They were all great and I noticed last night that each time Steed leaves for holiday it's been shot again (the first time he touches his upper lip!). Patrick does it the same every time , and he does it really well.
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

My favourite Avengers lady varies regularly between Cathy, Purdey and Tara, but Tara is probably top most of the time. Purdey works great in the TNA triumvirate; Tara works great on her own.

I think I spoiled myself by watching lots of her season (6 or 7, depending on who you believe!), the B&W shows, and the New Avengers. I just can't get into season 5, no matter how I try at present. It has a "sameyness" that I just don't get from the fresh, invigorated Tara stories (and the fresh, invigorating Tara!).
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Gracie
Nutshell

Post by Gracie »

I like Tara. She had quite a charm to her and JMO, but her fight scenes looked more realistic than Emma's
I tried work, it didn't work out. It was too much like work.