The Avengers - Special Features Disc (OPTD2104)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Tara46
Thingumajig

The Avengers - Special Features Disc (OPTD2104)

Post by Tara46 »

I have received the special features disc today, which was only previously available with the complete Box Set. Can anybody who may already received this disc confirm that it plays ok? My copy will not play on any of the DVD players in the house or on the computer. The bonus disc included with the complete box set plays fine. I only bought this disc to complete my original collection of box sets, and would have thought that this release would be a straight duplication. I'd like to know if this is just a faulty disc or a wider problem. The Video TS file appears to be empty on my disc.

I also e-mailed Optimum regarding the fault on series 6 (Legacy Of Death) as yet I've had no reply.

I have been very patient with the faults that have occurred with the release programme of the Avengers and realise that the problem is solely down to Optimum, but I am getting little ragged over the continued issues with these discs.

I'd be pleased to hear if anybody is finding any issues with this latest release, or whether I just have an erroneous disc. :?
Mr S
Thingumajig

Post by Mr S »

Well, it looks like Optimum have done it again, because my copy won't play either. I've tried it on three players, and nothing, apart from the pdf of Leonard White's scrapbook which opens on my laptop. Bugger!!
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

It's worth pointing out that Optimum appear to have been completely consumed by Studio Canal now, so it's possible the old email addy is dead or at least no longer reliable (if it ever was).

See this page for updated details:

http://www.studiocanal.co.uk/Home/AboutUs
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

Alan wrote:It's worth pointing out that Optimum appear to have been completely consumed by Studio Canal now, so it's possible the old email addy is dead or at least no longer reliable (if it ever was).

Do we conclude that we'll not now see a 2nd replacement disc appear for series 6?!

And I'm so glad I wasn't daft enough to buy the single bonus disc release..
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

I very much doubt that the change will make any difference. I would imagine it's essentially a rebranding, not a 'takeover'.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Cybernowt wrote:
Alan wrote:It's worth pointing out that Optimum appear to have been completely consumed by Studio Canal now, so it's possible the old email addy is dead or at least no longer reliable (if it ever was).

Do we conclude that we'll not now see a 2nd replacement disc appear for series 6?!

And I'm so glad I wasn't daft enough to buy the single bonus disc release..
Some people have already recevied a replacement second disk (Legacy of Death)...
Last watched: "Concerto"
Cybernowt
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Cybernowt »

Frankymole wrote:Some people have already recevied a replacement second disk (Legacy of Death)...
But no one can be bothered to make an official announcement..?!

Sounds about right..

Some companies are really good in what they do.. but some are even better when they slightly polish their communicative ways..
Ion Williams
White Dwarf

Post by Ion Williams »

I've had the same trouble as everyone else with the bonus disc. Having just had a look at Amazon's listing for it I see they're now saying it's temporarily unavailable, due to reports that it's faulty...

It's such a huge shame. The quality of the releases have been exceptional and I can understand a mistake or two. But to be plagued by so many! And none of us have received any kind of recompense for the postage costs incurred at having to send discs back for replacement. Not even a nice e-mail apology...

I've sent the disc back for a refund, and I really don't know if I'll bother with it now...

:(
The Inebriated Anorak - A leisurely look at every Doctor Who story from 1963 to the present with added wine and cheesy nibbly bits...
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Is the problem just with the separate edition version or is the complete box set version of the bonus disc similarly affected?
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Ion Williams
White Dwarf

Post by Ion Williams »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Is the problem just with the separate edition version or is the complete box set version of the bonus disc similarly affected?
I'm presuming it's just the single release, otherwise we might have heard of the problem before now...but I might very well be wrong...
The Inebriated Anorak - A leisurely look at every Doctor Who story from 1963 to the present with added wine and cheesy nibbly bits...