"Diana Rigg won't talk about The Avengers"

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Dan
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Dan »

[quote="Mona"]
I do think she should have had some sort of video or other presence at the celebration.

I'm a huge fan of hers and was also very dissappointed that she didn't have anything to do with the celebration. After all, a 50th anniversary is a pretty big deal. But that's the way she is and that ornery, independant streak of hers is a big part of what makes her the remarkable person she (and Mrs. Peel) is.
MRotten
How to Succeed... at Posting!

Post by MRotten »

Dan wrote:
Mona wrote: I do think she should have had some sort of video or other presence at the celebration.

I'm a huge fan of hers and was also very dissappointed that she didn't have anything to do with the celebration. After all, a 50th anniversary is a pretty big deal. But that's the way she is and that ornery, independant streak of hers is a big part of what makes her the remarkable person she (and Mrs. Peel) is.
I agree. I think the celebration would have gotten more press had Rigg been involved. To a great many fans, she is the No. 1 Avenger. Yes, she is curt about certain things, such as when she mentioned "The Sentimental Agent", and dismissed it outright. I like that series. The theme song is gorgeous, and the show is fun. Her episode is one of the best of the series' short run.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

MRotten wrote:
Mona wrote:Although, I do think she should have had some sort of video or other presence at the celebration.
I agree. I think the celebration would have gotten more press had Rigg been involved. To a great many fans, she is the No. 1 Avenger.
Well, she's due to appear at the Earl's Court event now, so people can attend that instead.
MRotten wrote: Yes, she is curt about certain things, such as when she mentioned "The Sentimental Agent", and dismissed it outright. I like that series. The theme song is gorgeous, and the show is fun. Her episode is one of the best of the series' short run.
I have read that somewhere, can you repost it? I don't think she mentions The Sentimental Agent by name but just lumps it with The Hothouse as a couple of TV things she did before her big break in The Avengers.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

MRotten wrote:
Dan wrote:
Mona wrote: I do think she should have had some sort of video or other presence at the celebration.

I agree. I think the celebration would have gotten more press had Rigg been involved. To a great many fans, she is the No. 1 Avenger. Yes, she is curt about certain things, such as when she mentioned "The Sentimental Agent", and dismissed it outright. I like that series. The theme song is gorgeous, and the show is fun. Her episode is one of the best of the series' short run.
well...one can't blame her mindset....so I've always tried to cut her some slack
in regards to the show...perhaps one day, she'll become more open to it
with interviews, showing up for events...etc
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

I wouldn't put it past her to have written a memoir to be published posthumously, surprising everyone. Wonder what she made of Patrick's?
Last watched: "Concerto"
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

mousemeat wrote:well...one can't blame her mindset....so I've always tried to cut her some slack
in regards to the show...perhaps one day, she'll become more open to it
with interviews, showing up for events...etc
Well she's doing that at The Entertainment Media Show at Earl's Court in October.

http://www.entertainmentmediashow.com/
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:I still think it all started with that pompous German interviewing her and saying the words, "So before the Avengers you would have been an actress, yes?" You can see her literally bit her lip. Talk about a cringe-inducing moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o20N3lIp ... re=related
Hi folks,

Well, I know that this was posted for some time but, I do not really understand the meaning of this special question? Of course I can translate it in my native language, but I also can't understand the meaning of it... Indeed I can see at you reactions, that this was an unfitting question/phrase at this moment, but what makes it so negative/such a cringe-inducing moment?

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image
brynmill
Thingumajig

Post by brynmill »

So any tales of her Earls Court appearance regarding The Avengers ?
Dfrise
Thingumajig

Post by Dfrise »

Hi folks,

Well, I know that this was posted for some time but, I do not really understand the meaning of this special question? Of course I can translate it in my native language, but I also can't understand the meaning of it... Indeed I can see at you reactions, that this was an unfitting question/phrase at this moment, but what makes it so negative/such a cringe-inducing moment?

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994
Sinus 1994,
The way he worded the question is as if he said, "So if you hadn't worked in this silly Avengers show you would have been a real actress, yes?"
Sinus1994

Post by Sinus1994 »

Dfrise wrote:
Hi folks,

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994
Sinus 1994,
The way he worded the question is as if he said, "So if you hadn't worked in this silly Avengers show you would have been a real actress, yes?"
Thanks so much for your explanation. Now is everything clear.
Ouuhh, that was very bitter for Diana Rigg. And now I understand why she literally bit her lip and didn't answered directly. :?
But I think, the interviewer didn't mean it like that (bad translation).

Sincerely yours,
Sinus1994 Image