The Avengers Optimum Release - US?

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Lando
Have Fingers... Will Type!

Post by Lando »

ikbtops wrote:You can get a multi region blu ray/ DVD player for a little over $200 shipped. I'm enjoying The Persuaders! currently. It looks fantastic. I hope the 50th anniversary Avengers set I've ordered looks nearly as good.
Which brand and model do you recommend? Who did you order from?

Thanks!
Lando

Post by Lando »

MRotten wrote:
Lando wrote:Just checking in to see if there is any further news. I cannot believe The Avengers series continues to be out of print here in the US. I looking online, I've noticed that many of the A&E DVD sets of the show are going for quite a bit of $ on ebay and second hand shops. It's a pity that someone here in the US won't take up the license.

Maybe A&E will come through when blu ray happens? Surely the Optimum transfers would work well in HD.
The trouble with the A & E sets is the quality. They look awful now compared to the Optimum DVDs. It would be great if a new DVD (or BluRay) set on The Avengers would get released here in the US, but I'm not holding my breath.
Is there any movement on US Region A releases of The Avengers Remastered on DVD or blu ray?
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Lando wrote:
ikbtops wrote:You can get a multi region blu ray/ DVD player for a little over $200 shipped. I'm enjoying The Persuaders! currently. It looks fantastic. I hope the 50th anniversary Avengers set I've ordered looks nearly as good.

Thanks!
You can also try hacking your existing region one player. I have two different players, both pretty standard region ones that I bought locally, and I've hacked both of them to be region-free. All I did was look up the model number and "region one hacks" or the like online. There's usually a sequence of buttons you can press that'll unlock it pretty easily.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Lando

Post by Lando »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Lando wrote:

Thanks!
You can also try hacking your existing region one player. I have two different players, both pretty standard region ones that I bought locally, and I've hacked both of them to be region-free. All I did was look up the model number and "region one hacks" or the like online. There's usually a sequence of buttons you can press that'll unlock it pretty easily.
For DVD sure you can hack a player. However for The Persuaders! Region B blu ray set, I would need to find a blu ray player in Region A that will play a Region B locked disc.
I believe most Blu ray players need an after market mod kit to become region free. Thanks!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Lando wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Lando wrote: Which brand and model do you recommend? Who did you order from?

Thanks!
For DVD sure you can hack a player. However for The Persuaders! Region B blu ray set, I would need to find a blu ray player in Region A that will play a Region B locked disc.
I believe most Blu ray players need an after market mod kit to become region free. Thanks!
Ah, yes, I hadn't thought about the Blu-Ray problem. I don't have Blu-Ray, so I'm not much help on that front. I hope you manage to find something that doesn't break the bank--the whole region thing seems a bit pointless to me. I wish they'd just do away with the whole thing.

Lando

Post by Lando »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Lando wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote: You can also try hacking your existing region one player. I have two different players, both pretty standard region ones that I bought locally, and I've hacked both of them to be region-free. All I did was look up the model number and "region one hacks" or the like online. There's usually a sequence of buttons you can press that'll unlock it pretty easily.
Ah, yes, I hadn't thought about the Blu-Ray problem. I don't have Blu-Ray, so I'm not much help on that front. I hope you manage to find something that doesn't break the bank--the whole region thing seems a bit pointless to me. I wish they'd just do away with the whole thing.
Agreed. It's a bummer to have to upgrade blu ray players to be able to play Region B UK blu ray discs here in the US. Thus far The Persuaders! is the only Region B blu ray set that I would like to own. I have the Network DVD set of the show. So I may wait for more shows to show up before I try to upgrade blu ray players and the shows too.

Thanks for the post!
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Lando wrote:Agreed. It's a bummer to have to upgrade blu ray players to be able to play Region B UK blu ray discs here in the US. Thus far The Persuaders! is the only Region B blu ray set that I would like to own. I have the Network DVD set of the show. So I may wait for more shows to show up before I try to upgrade blu ray players and the shows too.

Thanks for the post!
Yes, the lack of Blu-Ray releases of most of the series I'm into has made me unmotivated to get a Blu-Ray player, but I have heard fabulous things about the Persuaders set. But the whole region/format thing is a bit of a pain. Anyway, you're very welcome, and good luck sorting it all out. :)
Last edited by Timeless A-Peel on Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Small request: if quoting a previous post, please edit out the older parts of the discussion, otherwise the topic ends up filled with nested quotes.

Ta.
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
timlamb
Thingumajig

Post by timlamb »

Here's hoping a US company get's the right's to this series and starts releasing these titles in the US. Bluray has gottn dirt cheap in the states so DVD for Cathy Gale and bluray for Emma Peel and Tara King.
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Looks like finally it's coming!

http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/18758
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger