The Avengers DVD Set 5 (Series 6) from Optimum

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

cyberrich wrote:Just received my corrected Legacy of death, so I'm fairly sure I've got a full house now! Was it just the 2 episodes in series 6 that had to be corrected (Forget me knot being the other.) Has anyone watched all 33 Tara episodes? Do the other 31 look fine :?: Thanks, Rich.
Legacy's "corrected" version re-introduced the squeaky-sound pitch-shift error seen on the series 5 sets though...
Last watched: "Concerto"
cyberrich
Site Admin

Post by cyberrich »

Frankymole wrote:
cyberrich wrote:Just received my corrected Legacy of death, so I'm fairly sure I've got a full house now! Was it just the 2 episodes in series 6 that had to be corrected (Forget me knot being the other.) Has anyone watched all 33 Tara episodes? Do the other 31 look fine :?: Thanks, Rich.
Legacy's "corrected" version re-introduced the squeaky-sound pitch-shift error seen on the series 5 sets though...
Yes, I heard about that. Are they planning a V3 disc for Legacy :?: I'm sure this is now the only episode that isn't perfect. Rich.
davidf
Little Wonder

Post by davidf »

I haven't sent my disc back for replacement yet, I think I will rip Legacy before that, and then I will remux the correct audio with the correct image.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Well, there's a massive tramline scratch up the film in "Game" starting at 20'51" (equivalent to 20'32" on prints without all the Canal twittering-brids into stuff at the start)... I don't know if it's there in the earlier releases (haven't checked yet) but it's a fault they could've fixed (but clearly didn't) in restoring the prints.

Edit: I've just checked the Contender one and it doesn't have the huge tramline. The preceding scene has lots of "dirt and sparkle" though, so over all its an improvement.
Last watched: "Concerto"