Angels of Death

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Also, we now know Gambit eats cornflakes. 8)
Common ground with Steed then - I wonder if they both cut out the Wild West scenes? :)
I can picture them setting up little cardboard dioramas to act as backdrops for Steed's toy soldiers, while Purdey looks on in annoyance in the background. :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:Annette Andre seems to have been on just about everything at least once (including TNA). I remember she was on Adam Adamant Lives!, and I was quite disturbed to discover she was one of the baddies. Annette's always good! It seemed to go against the laws of the universe.
I felt the same when I watched "Lovejoy" the other night and Anthony Valentine was in it as a suspect but turned out not to be a villain for once. As to Annete Andre, her Facebook and web page are worth following; she's doing a lot for the anti-ivory-poaching movement.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Frankymole wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:Annette Andre seems to have been on just about everything at least once (including TNA). I remember she was on Adam Adamant Lives!, and I was quite disturbed to discover she was one of the baddies. Annette's always good! It seemed to go against the laws of the universe.
I felt the same when I watched "Lovejoy" the other night and Anthony Valentine was in it as a suspect but turned out not to be a villain for once. As to Annete Andre, her Facebook and web page are worth following; she's doing a lot for the anti-ivory-poaching movement.
It always seemed inherently wrong that Peter Jeffrey was good in Room Without a View, too. Sometimes the casting people just don't follow the rules! :lol:

Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I suspect Gambit enjoys watching Purdey fight a little more than he should. :wink:
Yes, he seems to be lying back and wincing a bit too leisurely. "Oh dear, how awful. Girls fighting each other. I can hardly bear to watch ... I wish I had some popcorn"
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:I suspect Gambit enjoys watching Purdey fight a little more than he should. :wink:
Yes, he seems to be lying back and wincing a bit too leisurely. "Oh dear, how awful. Girls fighting each other. I can hardly bear to watch ... I wish I had some popcorn"
The sacrifices that man makes for the sake of his job. :wink:

VA_Avenger
Winged Avenger

Post by VA_Avenger »

I remember Pamela mostly from Saturday Night Live.
<i>Those who don't understand physics are oblivious to the gravity of the situation.
<b>- Jack</b></i>
Rhonda
Epic

Re: Angels of Death

Post by Rhonda »

So it's subliminal brainwashing, a little like in the Tara episode Split! It's a very colourful one and obviously enjoyable. Yes, liked it; Gambits kick!
Frankymole wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:This is one of just a couple of episodes I recorded on audio cassette tape (missing believed lost - shame :wink: ) at the time of the original broadcast. It's been a favourite of mine ever since. This is, probably for me, the episode most typical of the 60's series. I mean it has Terence Alexander from The Town of No Return for goodnes sake.
There are quite a few "doppelgangers" from the 1960s series:

Terence Alexander, The Town of No Return and The Correct Way to Kill and Love All;

Dinsdale Landen, All Done with Mirrors;

Michael Latimer, A Touch of Brimstone and The Positive Negative Man;

Melissa Stribling, Hunt the Man Down and School for Traitors;

Hedger Wallace, Death Dispatch.

Plus Anthony Bailey, from a previous TNA episode: House of Cards.
That really does seem a lot of "doppelgangers"; might have some of the most. It's nice to think that The Avengers was a programme where actors might bump into each other again after more that 15 years!
Ron
Last Watched : The Gladiators
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Pamela is the 'head' Angel, Wendy.

About 40 seconds into this clip.
Ah, there she is. I always smirk a little when she sees Steed trying to inflict pain on himself, and cocks her head a little, as if to say, "Well, that can't be right." :lol:

Someone on the video commented that we never see Gambit do anything with Pamela at the end, so theoretically she could go and turn the maze back on after he was gone. This used to bother me, too, but presumably he stuck her in a closet or something off-screen before he left.

i sorta thought that as well...i.e. Gambit doing 'something'..

The video ran on to the start of Purdey's notorious little catfight there, and now I'm eyeing all the angels for someone else who looks familiar (other than Caroline Munro, obviously). There's one that, probably not coincidentally, looks a bit like Farrah Fawcett, but I get the funny feeling it's not her. :wink: I suspect Gambit enjoys watching Purdey fight a little more than he should. :wink:
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Re: Angels of Death

Rhonda wrote:So it's subliminal brainwashing, a little like in the Tara episode Split! It's a very colourful one and obviously enjoyable. Yes, liked it; Gambits kick!
I think a lot of people get a kick out of Gambit's kick. :wink:

It sounds like you're really enjoying TNA, and picking out the bright spots even when it's less than brilliant. I'm really enjoying reading your comments. :)

shaunodan
Winged Avenger

Post by shaunodan »

Who was the woman who knocked Gambit down with a high kick ?
'I suspect Gambit enjoys watching Purdey fight a little more than he should' says Timeless A_Peel. I wonder why? Purdey's ''Down boy ! More my style !'' to Gambit shows her modus operandi 8)