The Avengers: The Definitive DVD Collection (partwork)

Discussion of and information about The Avengers on any format: Blu-ray, DVD, Video-On-Demand, tapes, film and all others.

starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

I deleted the pictures I originally posted above. I can take some new ones after I find them. I just have two releases of the B&W Emma episodes.

Brad
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Hi Brad,

That'd be brilliant, thanks!

For starters, I thought there was only one Emma Peel release, so you've already told me something I don't know.

Feel free to email the pics to [email protected] if that's easier. Would also be interested in scans of the magazine covers and anything that advertises the issues to follow. (Also the note about the discontinuation, if you still have it.)

Finally, if there's anything that actually dates their release, that will be helpful too!

Many thanks!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Here's a thread about it on Roobarb's (which I think guests can now see as the forum is not membership only). I've not re-read it so I don't know if there's any more/new information.

Sadly, the rather cool adverts are gone and the links above are dead, but the company is still trading, if you are interested in model Batmobiles, cup cakes or knitting..
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Thanks Dandy. I'd read that thread at Roobarb's before (indeed I contributed to it!), but had forgotten about its existence. Cheers!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

Alan wrote:Hi Brad,

That'd be brilliant, thanks!

For starters, I thought there was only one Emma Peel release, so you've already told me something I don't know.

Feel free to email the pics to [email protected] if that's easier. Would also be interested in scans of the magazine covers and anything that advertises the issues to follow. (Also the note about the discontinuation, if you still have it.)

Finally, if there's anything that actually dates their release, that will be helpful too!

Many thanks!
Ok! I'll get them together then send the pictures. It might take a couple of days.

Brad
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

No problem, Brad. Will be pleased to receive them whenever you are able.

Cheers muchly!
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

Ok! You're welcome!

Brad
Alan
Diabolical Mastermind

Post by Alan »

Thanks to Brad's kindness, I now have a page at Declassified for people to take a look at what might have been.

http://declassified.theavengers.tv/wond ... rtwork.htm

Cheers Brad. Much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Alan
Alan
--
Hidden Tiger
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Alan wrote:Thanks to Brad's kindness, I now have a page at Declassified for people to take a look at what might have been.

It says "This DVD used unrestored prints, identical to those featured in Optimum Releasing's The Avengers - The Complete Series 2 + Surviving Episodes from Series 1 (2009)."

But weren't the latter ones restored? Does this mean they were otherwise identical except for being unrestored? I'm confused.
Last watched: "Concerto"
starboy9091
Nutshell

Post by starboy9091 »

Alan wrote:Thanks to Brad's kindness, I now have a page at Declassified for people to take a look at what might have been.

Cheers Brad. Much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Alan
You're very welcome! I was happy to help out!

Brad