The New Avengers - ITV4

The place for general chat about the television series and its characters, from the ABC years through to The New Avengers.
Tara46
Thingumajig

Post by Tara46 »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Last episode tomorrow (Emily). That went quick. Replaced on the schedule by The Professionals, how depressingly appropriate.
Yes, I'd noticed that too. I was expecting them to put them on loop for a while. I'd like to see the Tara King episodes shown again. The last time I remember seeing them broadcast was on Granada Plus many years ago. Even when BBC 4 broadcast the Emma Peel episodes, they jumped from that era to the New Avengers and missed out the Tara King era. I think The Professionals have been on loop on ITV4 for some time now.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Tara46 wrote:
Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Last episode tomorrow (Emily). That went quick. Replaced on the schedule by The Professionals, how depressingly appropriate.
Yes, I'd noticed that too. I was expecting them to put them on loop for a while. I'd like to see the Tara King episodes shown again. The last time I remember seeing them broadcast was on Granada Plus many years ago. Even when BBC 4 broadcast the Emma Peel episodes, they jumped from that era to the New Avengers and missed out the Tara King era. I think The Professionals have been on loop on ITV4 for some time now.
seems like a similar pattern here in the states..when the show was shown in re runs..King era seems to always get the short end of the stick.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Minder is on in the slot after TNA and that's already looped round since I've been watching - only a few months!

They described TNA as "our new cult show" so they're probably rationing it a bit. If they get good feedback maybe they'll try to buy the 60s Avengers or some of them - after all they keep showing the colour Saints with Roger Moore (on loop) and they're definitely clunkier than the colour Avengers.
Last watched: "Concerto"
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

Frankymole wrote:Minder is on in the slot after TNA and that's already looped round since I've been watching - only a few months!

They described TNA as "our new cult show" so they're probably rationing it a bit. If they get good feedback maybe they'll try to buy the 60s Avengers or some of them - after all they keep showing the colour Saints with Roger Moore (on loop) and they're definitely clunkier than the colour Avengers.
true...always liked the monochrome saint episodes...TNA's problem was always mired in money issues..which eventually led to it's demise.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Frankymole wrote:Minder is on in the slot after TNA and that's already looped round since I've been watching - only a few months!
Ah, is it Minder? I only did a quick scan of the TV guide.
Frankymole wrote: They described TNA as "our new cult show" so they're probably rationing it a bit. If they get good feedback maybe they'll try to buy the 60s Avengers or some of them - after all they keep showing the colour Saints with Roger Moore (on loop) and they're definitely clunkier than the colour Avengers.
I watch several of the last episodes and I thought they were great fun - the proto-Persuaders episode and the reference to "Mrs Peel", which was brilliant (I did wonder if Roger 'Avengers fan' Moore had even ad-libbed it). I'd have loved to have heard that line as a kid.

Fingers crossed they show The New Avengers again. And double fingers and toes crossed they show The Avengers - perhaps even an Avengers/New Avengers double bill. I think the BBC did that once.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

If they do show TNA again back-to-back with Minder, there's a chance you could luck out and end up with a Gareth double bill--if it's on after Faces, you can try and work out just how it is that Annabel Leventon can play Steed's childhood friend's wife in one, and Gareth's ex in the other. Someone did some interesting math with the ages on that front. :lol:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:
Ah, is it Minder? I only did a quick scan of the TV guide.
It's me being confusing. Minder is in a separate slot to The Professionals/TNA, it's come on as the next programme each day after TNA.

Today's Minder had Rula Lenska and Kai off Arthur of the britons, oh yes and Joe Melia. Great casts, great stories.
Last watched: "Concerto"
dissolute
The Ministry

Post by dissolute »

hatpeg wrote:Getting back to the topic, The New Avengers ITV 4.
The Lion and the Unicorn broadcast on Tuesday, when they captured the deaf mute, who was also unable to write, how did they know his name?

I also noticed in Obsession, a thick set chap (an extra?) who was at Steed's party, was also at the Von Claus presentation, before Peter Cushing was pushed out of the window.
Both times he had a drink in his hand. Nice work if you can get it!

The Merc Martin Shaw was driving in Obsession, was that the same car Steed was in with Clive Revell (Mark) at the start of dead Men are Dangerous?
John Wilder is the extra, I think (I'd better add that information to my site!)
The Mercs are different colours, and completely diffent models, I'm afraid.
Mrs Peel, you're needed!
http://www.dissolute.com.au/the-avengers-tv-series/
Every episode from 1961 to 1977 plus more trivia than you can shake a brolly at.
hatpeg
Little Wonder

Post by hatpeg »

Thanks for the info, as you can tell,l I'm not really into cars!
mousemeat

Post by mousemeat »

dissolute wrote:
hatpeg wrote:Getting back to the topic, The New Avengers ITV 4.
The Lion and the Unicorn broadcast on Tuesday, when they captured the deaf mute, who was also unable to write, how did they know his name?

I also noticed in Obsession, a thick set chap (an extra?) who was at Steed's party, was also at the Von Claus presentation, before Peter Cushing was pushed out of the window.
Both times he had a drink in his hand. Nice work if you can get it!

The Merc Martin Shaw was driving in Obsession, was that the same car Steed was in with Clive Revell (Mark) at the start of dead Men are Dangerous?
John Wilder is the extra, I think (I'd better add that information to my site!)
The Mercs are different colours, and completely diffent models, I'm afraid.
british cars are unique..