Remaking the Avengers?

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

:)

Maybe it was my subconscious telling me to be grateful they never decided to do the show again as it could have gone horribly wrong. I usually never remember dreams so it was just something to make me smile over my paper and coffee this morning.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote::)

Maybe it was my subconscious telling me to be grateful they never decided to do the show again as it could have gone horribly wrong. I usually never remember dreams so it was just something to make me smile over my paper and coffee this morning.
Possibly. In some ways it reminds me of the episode of Diana Patrick guest-starred in--the bad print makes them sound similar. It sounds amazingly legit--I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up in a series guide somewhere. :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:

Possibly. In some ways it reminds me of the episode of Diana Patrick guest-starred in--the bad print makes them sound similar. It sounds amazingly legit--I wouldn't be surprised to see it pop up in a series guide somewhere. :wink:
of course, have never seen a 'clean' copy of that episode...always some 4th or 5th generation dub...looking harsh..
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

Diana (just the opening credits) fairly decent VHS copy.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

mousemeat wrote:
Timeless A-Peel wrote:

of course, have never seen a 'clean' copy of that episode...always some 4th or 5th generation dub...looking harsh..
I swear I actually did see the full episode online at one point, but it was rather yellowy-orange looking, probably a print of a print of a print, as you say. If it looked like the link Dandy just posted, it would have been a huge improvement.
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

Post by mousemeat »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:Diana (just the opening credits) fairly decent VHS copy.
wow...never have seen even a 'decent' or half baked copy. I've seen some very bad 5/6 generation dubs..so anything above that, would be a huge improvement..
Borgus Weems
Winged Avenger

Post by Borgus Weems »

The more I think of it, the more I think that the personalities involved, from acting to writing, plus the time period , made the Avengers. I think if the Avengers was to continue, it shouldn't be with any of our established characters, but instead with the idea of an updated Avengers organization that could be in the here and now, and based around a strong vision in the writing and actors of some screen presence.
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

The 1960s Avengers was allowed time to evolve its style and its production techniques, and I don't think a modern series would be allowed to find its feet in the same way. Shows pretty much have to be an instant big money-spinner now or are cancelled after one season.

The strike which put the first season on hiatus in 1961 would've pretty much killed off any modern version. The Avengers just kept coming back :)
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"