Linda Thorson

Discuss the people who wrote, produced, directed, acted or did anything else in The Avengers!
Sam
Winged Avenger

Post by Sam »

Rodney wrote:his new sideburns - which did not suit him - must have added a couple of pounds.
Never liked sideburns. They were a fad here for a while, in the late 90's, thanks to the Beverly Hills, 90210 crowd.
Artanis
Winged Avenger

Post by Artanis »

Rodney wrote:his new sideburns - which did not suit him - must have added a couple of pounds.
Yes, I don't like those sideburns either. They just don't look right on him.
Allen
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

I wince at the sideburns. Patrick winces at the sideburns. And those awful patterned shirts. I've labeled that era "Steed's mid-life crisis." :D
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Philippa
The Bird Who Wrote Too Much

Post by Philippa »

His sideburns and fashion sense were awful in the Tara King era. Fashion changes, there's nothing to be done about that. But those SIDEBURNS! I mean, what was Patrick thinking :lol:
Dandy Forsdyke
A Surfeit of Posting

Post by Dandy Forsdyke »

To be honest, everyone had sideburns then. Why they didn't suit Pat was they clashed with his Brylcreme 1950s barnet. The more casual cut he sported in the early-mod 70s would have been far better.
THE AVENGERS GALLERY
Allard
The Ministry

Post by Allard »

Philippa wrote:His sideburns and fashion sense were awful in the Tara King era. Fashion changes, there's nothing to be done about that. But those SIDEBURNS! I mean, what was Patrick thinking :lol:

Thanks to the drugs he wasn't thinking, like quite a few people in the 1970s if you look back at the fashions of those days.
Timeless A-Peel
Posting à la Carte

Post by Timeless A-Peel »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:To be honest, everyone had sideburns then. Why they didn't suit Pat was they clashed with his Brylcreme 1950s barnet. The more casual cut he sported in the early-mod 70s would have been far better.
I didn't like his hair slicked to his head, either. In the earlier seasons he used to let the wave in his hair show up. In the Tara era it's totally flattened with about 10x as much Brylcreme, and the wave is gone. He should have left some for the rest of Britain! :wink:
Last Watched: Who Was That Man I Saw You With?

Anew: A TNA Site. Updated 4/30/14
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Dandy Forsdyke wrote:To be honest, everyone had sideburns then. Why they didn't suit Pat was they clashed with his Brylcreme 1950s barnet. The more casual cut he sported in the early-mod 70s would have been far better.
Roger Moore's were something to behold - especially with the "spiv" moustache he had!

In 1969 even Dr Who had sideburns!
Last watched: "The Charmers"
Rodney

Post by Rodney »

The sideburns, fleecy shirts, Tara's curtains and some of her more gaudy outfits really do place the season between the swinging mid 60s and the 'interesting' fashions of the 1970s. I don't think the sideburns suit him because he is such a clean cut character.
mousemeat
They Keep Posting about Steed

ugh indeed

Post by mousemeat »

Timeless A-Peel wrote:I wince at the sideburns. Patrick winces at the sideburns. And those awful patterned shirts. I've labeled that era "Steed's mid-life crisis." :D
how true about the sideburns..look outta place on him..but what was worse was his fashion of the era...especially the shirts..eGads!!!

bad fashion lives on forever via dvd,,(LOL)