The Avengers Photonovel That Ought To Be

The Avengers radio plays, the stage play, the movie, the novelizations, comics and other official fictional Avenger forms have their own section here.
Borgus Weems
Winged Avenger

The Avengers Photonovel That Ought To Be

Post by Borgus Weems »

An interesting comic project has come about that might have some interesting bearing on The Avengers & The New Avengers. Famous comic book writer/artist John Byrne decided to do a photonovel using stills from the classic Star Trek and captured still frames from the episodes themselves to tell new stories with the look and actors of the original series. The work, called Strange New Worlds, is getting alot of buzz in the comics community, and from what I've seen the series looks great and utilizes the original actors for new "lost stories".

(If you want to see an example, just do a Google search on Star Trek Byrne Strange New Worlds... I can't link easily with my computer right now)

Why is this relevant to the Avengers? Because doing a high quality photonovel could actually be done really well now to do something that could really capture the Avengers with all the panache and style of the original series. It could even be publishable eventually, and considering how many people here have great computer skills and creative bents, any number of new and exciting Avengers episodes from every era could be created?[/b]
Frankymole
You Have Just Been Posting (a lot)

Post by Frankymole »

Looks intriguing. It'd be harder to do with The Avengers, where the characters often look different (at least in costume terms) from scene to scene and episode to episode.
Last watched: "The Outside-In Man"
anti-clockwise
Mission... Highly Improbable!

Post by anti-clockwise »

I love the idea. OK Let's get Roger Marshall on it right now. :wink:
"He likes his tea stirred anti-clockwise."